Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • How long would it take a top pro footballer to earn your yearly salary?
  • RoterStern
    Free Member

[/url] It would take Ronaldo the time to drink a cup of coffee! 😯

Mister-P
    Free Member

Probably the time taken to tie their laces.

nealglover
    Free Member

[/url]

Yeah but he can make links work on forums 😉

RoterStern
    Free Member

linky Hope it worked this time. 😳

somafunk

How long would it take you to earn a top footballers salary

Hmm, 😕 it would take Ronaldo 5 minutes to make my weekly wage, and it would take me 1850 years to earn his yearly wage, if i had started working in the year 165 i’d almost be finished.

This is fubar, bring on the social revolution.

PrinceJohn

Christiano Ronaldo, I can take – however Mario Balotelli, earns what I do a year per hour, & I’m way more valuable to my employer than he is to Liverpool… that gets my goat

ElShalimo

PrinceJohn – a nice thought but does your company reciprocate?
    We all think we’re really useful but most of us work for a company that doesn’t give a shit.
    LFC clearly still support the talented, disturbed yet infantile not-so-super Mario

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ose Mourinho earns £8,500,000 per year. It would take him 45 minutes to earn your weekly salary.

Do I care? Not really. These guys are on top of their game in a multi million pound industry that for once is distributing the cash to those that make it.

rene59
    Free Member

How long would it take a top pro footballer to earn your yearly salary?

Well if he had to do the same job as me in order to earn it…

ElShalimo

rene59 – 1 year

jfletch
    Free Member

These guys are on top of their game in a multi million pound industry that for once is distributing the cash to those that make it.

This

Real Madrid is a half billion Euro business that depends entirely on the ability of 22 men to kick a ball in an entertaining way. It would be perverse and exploitative if those 22 men didn’t make a lot of money.

What is fubar is that we are wiling to pay £1,000s a year to watch people kick a ball in an entertaining way and to spend £1,000s more buying the products the recommend.

gordimhor

Less than 4 hours

bencooper
    Free Member

8 minutes.

But is he happier than me?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What is fubar is that we are wiling to pay £1,000s a year to watch people kick a ball in an entertaining way and to spend £1,000s more buying the products the recommend.

Is it? Why should people not pay to watch something that entertains them, I’ve spent Saturday afternoons (and various evenings) in the company of 52,000 other passionate people watching a team I support playing great football (at times – sometimes it’s been really bad)
    Who are you to judge that what other people find entertaining, and why they do?
    It could be said that spending £1,000s a year to have several bikes gather dust and clog up your garage is fubar.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Sure, let them earn millions a year…..before tax. 😈

jfletch
    Free Member

Is it?

Maybe not fubar but it’s fairly ironic that the majority of people complaining about footballers getting paid too much are actually the ones paying for them.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am also owned by a foreign billionaire, but in a utility, rather than plaything capacity. The difference is considerable.

🙂

Drac

If the wages weren’t as ridiculous people wouldn’t need to pay 1000s.

ElShalimo

What proportion of club revenue comes from ticket sales?
    I’m sure tv rights and prize money are far bigger sources of revenue hence the obsession with the Premier League

Ronaldo = half an hour for my weekly wage

neilthewheel

Comparing the profit from my business to Ronaldo…2 minutes for my weekly income

TheFlyingOx

Ronaldo = half an hour for my weekly wage

Yup, similar.

On the flip side I get a full game, extra time and penalties out of Clint Dempsey. Bargain.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Less than 60 seconds.

iolo
    Free Member

Who cares really. How much much does the sultan of Brunei (or whoever is super rich) these days have to work to get a footballers wage?
    It’s irrelevant.
    As previously mentioned, if you’re happy and managing to survive with the cash you get that’s good.

convert

It’s a stupid, stupid calculator. What it fails to say in the blurb is that it (appears) that the minutes are the estimated playing minutes or some other daft arbitrary amount. I have no idea about the life of a professional footballer but their ‘job’ is much more than the time on field of play. Wayne Rooney for example earns his £15 million per annum in in only 168 hours according to the calculator. If this is how you worked out every stars annual income imagine how quickly Usain Bolt would earn your annual income!

edit – in fact they all appear to only work for 168 hours a year!

I’m no apologist for the daft money these guys earn but this calculator has been created by a moron.

jools182
    Free Member

Probably seconds

My wages are monumental 🙁

nickc

I don’t really care TBH. I earn enough money to pay all my bills, heat my home, feed and clothe myself and still have some left over at the end of the month to spend on (to use a well known past footballer’s cliche) champagne and women.

Happy as a lop, me

oldnpastit

The “calculator” doesn’t take into account that their earning capabilities will drop considerably after a few years once they’re past their prime.

It’s still a pretty disgusting amount of money to be paid though.

EDIT: wasn’t there something on the news recently saying that quite a few top footballers are facing financial ruin following the unravelling of one of those dodgy tax avoidance schemes?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/23/footballers-tax-demands-hmrc

slowoldman

If people weren’t prepared to pay 1000s then wages wouldn’t be as high. Supply and Demand eh?

D0NK

this calculator has been created by a moron.

indeed, pretty sure there’s a fair bit of training involved, my training is taken during work hours, why hasn’t moron included training?

sounds hopelessly naïve to me.

There is an obscene amount of money involved but as I don’t (directly*) contribute to any of it I CBA getting too worked up about it.

*I presume anyone with a TV licence has involuntarily help fund it via the BBC football sports department

Onzadog
    Free Member

All I know is that my owner is richer than their owner and not many pro footballers could earn their living the way I do!

But they’ve still got lots more money than I have.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

But is he happier than me?

Lifer
    Free Member

Bloody footballer apologists!

gobuchul
    Free Member

Bloody footballer apologists!

What?

It’s a complete meritocracy. It is open to all.

I would suggest that the vast majority of us have played football at some level during our lives.

If you are good enough then you can earn massive money.

Yes, there is some luck on getting spotted and coached at the right time but basically it come down to ability.

There are not many professions where this is true.

It’s simple supply and demand.

jfletch
    Free Member

I think you have capitalism upside down

convert

Thinking about this again, I reckon the BBC just naused this calculator up. 168 hours are the number of hours there are in a week, not the estimated playing hours in a year or some other estimate. So the BBC grommet got their maths wrong by a factor of 52.

Bruce

I compared my salary with Wayne Rooney. I am fairly confident he couldn’t do my job and would get sacked quite quickly. But I may be wrong!

lemonysam
    Free Member

I compared my salary with Wayne Rooney. I am fairly confident he couldn’t do my job and would get sacked quite quickly. But I may be wrong!

If, however, the majority of males in the country had been forced to try your job from an early age and then put through clubs and academies to weed out the weak and untalented and spent the most formative years of their lives training intensively with teams of experts from all over the world – how confident are you that you’d be the best at it?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s simple supply and demand.

Indeed, the odd question is why people are so willing to pay so much of their hard earned cash to watch said sport (tickets or sky/BT). Almost a regressive tax – certainly an amazing way of transferring cash from those that dint have much to those that do. Incredible really…..better than the poll tax!

slowoldman

The new opiate of the masses.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘How long would it take a top pro footballer to earn your yearly salary?’ is closed to new replies.