Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How long will a motorbike last with no looking after?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just wondering, always thought CG125's would go on like a sweing machine untill the cows came home, but…………….

Did my CBT today and it felt like;

The chain must have been on the limit (lots of low speed bouncing arround as the chain tightened and relaxed)

The clutch was shagged (you could rev the engine and still not realy get any acceleration in 5th).

Rear brake made an ominous crashing noise every so often and pedal travel was best described as variable!

The engine was lumpy enough to have me convinced I was driving over a ploughed field at times.

Even for a CG125 it was down on power

Add to that the usual training center accesories:
    Cracked mirrors (is that one car behind me or 3?)
    Indicators sticking out at random angles
    Smiley face footpegs
    Some very bent levers

Tracker1972
    Free Member

…and how old was it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

they'll last very well so long as you don't let muppets who can't follow instruction ride them. (this doesn't include all students, but it only takes one to make a mess of a bike).

zaskar
    Free Member

Was this yours or the training school's bike?

CG will go n for yrs if looked after.

I remember reading about a Honda 600 CBR FL 1989 model running strong and never been serviced…

Lots of drivers trying to save money by not servicing their cars too.

snaps
    Free Member

9 of us were at the NEC this weekend for the bike show & this guy http://www.nicksanders.com had the bikes he'd ridden around the world on displayed – they looked like they'd been to the moon & back!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The centers bike, there's no way even my ratty commuter pushbike would ever be allowed into that condition!

It'd done 30,000 miles, which was odd seeing a mine when I was 17 ran like a sewing machine at 15000 miles despite spending 90% of the time with the throttle pinned back, none to subtle operation of the clutch and late&hard braking!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ohh and despite wanting a realy realy realy trail bike

Suzuki RGV 650!

Pigface
    Free Member

Well there is sitting on the side of the road for hours waiting to be rescued :-)no no no no no

If you want a bike that took all manner of abuse and just kept going look no further than the CX500 the plastic maggot. Ugly slow handles like a 3 wheeled shopping trolley but you just cant kill them.

redthunder
    Free Member

I had a CG125…

next bike was Hornet 😉 I should be dead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How long will a motorbike last with no looking after?’ is closed to new replies.