Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How long up and down Cadair Idris?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

With a bike, natch. Planning on doing it this weekend, and working out timings. Reckon 3 – 4 hours should be plenty?

rocketman
    Free Member

From Abergynlowyn around 2.5 hours up and 25 mins back down 🙂

kayak23

4 hours should be about right with chill time.
    Watch out for the farm dogs on the road leading up to it.

flyingmonkeycorps

Cool, sounds about right to me. I’ll be on my own so hopefully not too much faffing. Planning on doing it latish on but I’d like to get back before it’s dark!

GolfChick
    Free Member

If I was free I’d of come and done it with you but alas I’m off up to Scotland later on Saturday. Done it before and really enjoyed it, didnt bother with the last bit of a carry right to the top with all the people about and I’d walked it not long before so had already seen the view etc.

flyingmonkeycorps

I walked it not long ago and missed the view so if it’s clear I’ll be going all the way. Shame you’re not around, it’ll probably be late Sat afternoon I’m going.

soobalias
    Free Member

yeah allow 4.
    awesome ride, cant wait to go back

flyingmonkeycorps

Took me 4:30ish from Abergynlowyn, but I did spend about half an hour taking in the view from the top then got a bit lost on the bridleway off the doubletrack near the bottom!

Tiger6791

awesome ride, cant wait to go back

It really isn’t 😯

(it’s worth doing but it’s double track farm track, then boggy grass path, then sort of rideable path, then a hike a bike to the top.)

And it’s a and up/down route so down is the reverse…

4 hours includes a leisurely stop at the top for a sarnie

flyingmonkeycorps

I really enjoyed it. Sure it’s not the most amazing trails in the world but the views are stunning and it definitely beats walking. The boggy single track was dry enough to be fun too, which helped.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How long up and down Cadair Idris?’ is closed to new replies.