Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How long to wait for something paid for on the For Sale forum?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ok, so I bought something close to two weeks ago from the forum. The seller said they’d post the item asap.

A week on and I send the guy a polite email enquiring if the item has been posted. No response.

So a couple of days later I send another email, asking if he still wants to sell, any problems etc. No response.

And the guy has been on the forum offering more items for sale since – so I know he’s not ‘out of the office’ or unable to get on the internet.

Its not a lot of money I paid but its getting a bit annoying.

So how long is reasonable to wait and what has anyone else done about unpostecd items? I don’t want to annoy the guy in case there’s a genuine problem but a quick email wouln’t go amiss?

RealMan
    Free Member

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I would say a week would be acceptable anything more than that is a bit odd.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Didn’t want to Realman but that’s what it might come to!

stevepitch
    Free Member

How did you pay? It is a bit odd, if the guy hadn’t been on the forum then I would say something may have happened but if he’s been on selling other stuff I’d be a little annoyed by now. A week is a perfectly reasonable time frame in my book any longer and I’d be reversing the transaction

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Paid by paypal gift, so not really any comeback there.

I only paid £13 so I’m more annoyed than anything. Either that he doesn’t have the decency to say “sorry, I don’t want to sell any more, here’s your money back” or “haven’t posted your item yet but will do next week” or even just ” F off, I’m desperate for the money and you ain’t having it back”

Just something.

Based on what the guy has previously advertised then I don’t think he’s short of a bob or two, so I can’t quite believe it.

crispybacon
    Free Member

£13!!! I’ve got the lads ready 😉

matt_outandabout

One last strong email, 2-3 days to respond and then name and shame.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Getting all too familiar these days it seems…

lord
    Free Member

i have waited 4 weeks for something , give it a bit longer

Bregante

i have waited 4 weeks for something , give it a bit longer

I disagree. If the seller has been on here since, but hasn’t yet posted the item, or bothered to respond to the O.P, it’s out of order, end of.

Hope you get it sorted, o.p.

scaredypants

Christmas post etc …

but doesn’t expalin the not responding to email

cynic-al
    Free Member

Politeness is fine but be firm from the off and threaten flaming when necessary.

Inexcusable imo.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How long to wait for something paid for on the For Sale forum?’ is closed to new replies.