Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • How long to return rental deposit?
  • robbo1234biking

How long does the landlord have to return the rental deposit? I have looked and it says that any disputes must be raised within 10 days but after that it doesnt give a time frame.

The letting agent is saying they need written consent from the Landlord to release the deposit but the landlord is sailing their yacht around the world and has limited access to internet etc. The letting agent is saying they have up to 90 days but I am not sure this is correct – seems a long time for someone to hold onto our money!

crankboy
    Free Member

Time up their job to resolve written consent not yours complain to the deposit protection scheme. Or threaten to issue small claim for deposit plus costs and interest

nealglover
    Free Member

10 days is the time limit.

They must return whatever is due to you within 10 days of you requesting it, otherwise you raise a dispute with the scheme

Don’t let the agent fob you off.

andyl
    Free Member

They need to have notified you about any potential deductions or intention to deduct in the time frame. If not too late for them.

We are still owed a £900 deposity from a place we moved out of 18 months ago. Not received any costed up deductions (shouldnt be any) but the landlord is a complete lady part and the agent a spineless donkey and they just kept blocking our requests for repayment and now it’s locked at the DPS.

At some point I will file a small claims case and try and get half our rent back too due to the property being unsafe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How long to return rental deposit?’ is closed to new replies.