Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How long to give a new saddle?
  • rjj
    Free Member

Having suffered pain after 2 hours or so on the road bike I have opted to try a new saddle – how long do I give it before realising that it may not be the right one as after the first couple of rides there is no real difference.

Cheers

SirHC

What about the shorts you are using?

gonzy
    Free Member

could it be the way you have the saddle set up….i.e. seat angle and fore/aft position on the seat rails?
    i had a fizik nisene which was great for years then after not riding for a couple of years felt horrible and painful. it stayed like this for some time and i only started to use it again a couple of years ago

what saddle is it?

teef
    Free Member

The pain could still be from the original saddle – the bruising/soreness may not have completely healed yet.

rjj
    Free Member

Cheers – have gone from a Fabric scoop radius to a Specialized toupe

stumpy01

rjj – Member

Cheers – have gone from a Fabric scoop radius to a Specialized toupe

Did you get the Toupe in the right width? Did you do that ‘sit on the foam and measure my arse’ thing in a shop?

FWIW, the only time I have swapped saddles due to discomfort (twice) the relief has been instant.

But, as said above – perhaps you have some soreness/bruising from the original saddle so give it a few rides at least to see if it settles down.

simondbarnes

I would give it a few rides. Were you measured for the correct saddle width in-store?

teef
    Free Member

to a Specialized toupe

I’ve just suffered months of pain from a Specialized Toupe. I finally gave up on it and swapped it for the saddle off my Boardman hybrid – the pain is almost gone. I was going to bin it just in case I was ever tempted to use it again but sense got the better of me and I ebayed it.

teamslug
    Free Member

I’ve been going thru this recently. Been fine on spoon’s but on longer rides ( 3 hours plus in the saddle) that I seem to do more of these days I was getting really sore. Sit bones and chafing.Been thru about 8 different saddles trying to find ‘ the one’ , spec phenom and toupe, selle italia iD matched to me, a fizik and the new fabric ones, I have tried to persevere with ones that would be ok for an hour or so thinking that as my arse gets accustomed they might get better but no joy. I think I have finally found my nirvana with an SMP saddle, only problem now is 3 more bikes and £80.00 each!!!!.

rjj
    Free Member

Yeah I measured at 155mm – tbh I think it is more a chaffing issue

rjj
    Free Member

Just wondering has any tried a Fabric Cell?

tom200

I’ve gone from a charge spoon to a fabric scoop shallow, took about 2min to realise it was better.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How long to give a new saddle?’ is closed to new replies.