• This topic has 93 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • How long to get alcohol out the body??
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can you handle more alcohol now than when you first started to drink? Yes, you build up alcoholic tolerance, so of course I can handle it better than at first

We had something about this in a medicinal chemistry lecture. You don’t actualy build up a tolerance, you’re just as impaired after one pint as a 13 yr old the first time, as a student drinking every day at 19 and at any other time after that. All that actualy changes is your perception of drunkeness, and you get to a point where 10 pints in an evening is normal and you walk home feeling OK-ish. You’ll be wavering all over the place, but your brains used to that so you feel rational and in controll.

That’s compared to other drugs where you do build up a tolerance and have to continualy up the dose to maintain the same feeling.

somafunk

I only got a 4 on that test, i’m very disappointed in myself so tonight i vow to try harder……..

Drac

For arguments sake since Friday night:
    Bottle of red
    1 pint of beer
    2 bottles of prosecco
    half a bottle of muled wine
    8 measures of sloe gin

Lightweight.

aracer
    Free Member

Of course it’s not possible to be an alcoholic if you’re middle class 🙄

wrightyson
    Free Member

*Looks for test on previous page*
    Will report back if I dare…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pfft! Over 2 and you need help?
    Sure there’s enough “counsellors”around to cope with that many +2 results.
    I drink coz I enjoy it. If I’m driving anywhere I don’t even have a half as what’s the point.
    I can easily drink 8 pints and will probably do so on Saturday night as we’re out with a right bunch of piss heads, and then I’ll have a few Sunday afternoon.
    Am I an alcoholic, I doubt it.

slowoldman

Of course over in the ol’ US of A you have to pay those councellors.

devs
    Free Member

I think some people here would die if they came to a festival or rugby weekend with me. Not because they couldn’t handle the drinking, they wouldn’t survive for long with their nanny attitudes. 🙂
    10 on that pish quiz, drink once a week in general but proper blow off steam. Will have 2-3 multi day sessions in a year at festivals or lads weekends. Probably the worst kind of binge drinking but it keeps me out of trouble 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

2 bottles of prosecco

why?

hora
    Free Member

They were thirsty?

somafunk

Nowt wrong wi a decent bottle of prosecco, has to be a brut or very dry though. Franco Grave di Stecca Brut is a belter of a party piss up drink.

hora
    Free Member

Hora, it was a social weekend. Wouldn’t normally drink quite so much.

But even so that isn’t particularly bad. IMO

Girl I used to work with had a bottle of wine whilst getting read for a night out. I freaked abit and she said loads of her friends did that.

(OT) Another had told me she didn’t think Chad Evans was guilty as most of the sex that she had was when she was blind drunk/waking up to a random bloke.

By contrast mrshora has two glasses of wine and feels squiffy. I kinda like having a woman who can’t hold her drink. Its a cheap night out :mrgreen:

binners

kcal

devs, I wouldn’t be preaching with nanny attitudes but def. couldn’t handle the drinking, I’m sure.
    But then again there’s less of me to absorb it 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘How long to get alcohol out the body??’ is closed to new replies.