• This topic has 93 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • How long to get alcohol out the body??
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

To be booze free – if someone drunk rather a lot over the past weekend?

For arguments sake since Friday night:
    Bottle of red
    1 pint of beer
    2 bottles of prosecco
    half a bottle of muled wine
    8 measures of sloe gin

thegreatape
    Free Member

Err on the side of caution and go on the bus

iamanobody
    Free Member

Obviously feel a tiny bit shit today – nervy, tired, cold etc 🙁 No headache though which is a bonus!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Err on the side of caution and stay in bed 🙂

iamanobody
    Free Member

Thinking thats 40-50 units??

aP
    Free Member

Approximately 1 unit/ hour, the time starting based on the last one sunk in a single setting. Assuming that you’ve allowed the previous session’s effects to run out… Oh, and 8 units in the previous 24 hours before whatever it is that you were intending to do that isn’t drink based.

Jamie
    Free Member

Err on the side of caution and get a transfusion.

doris5000

Approximately 1 unit/ hour, the time starting based on the last one sunk in a single setting. Assuming that you’ve allowed the previous session’s effects to run out…

really? so if you’ve had (say) 10 units between 7pm and midnight, you won’t be clear til 10am?

I had always calculated that as being 5am 😮

iamanobody
    Free Member

so if i stopped drinking at 11ish on friday – 40-50 hours from there?

iamanobody
    Free Member

so tomorrow morning ish?

aP
    Free Member

Based on guidelines in a railway safety environment – where if there’s cause to suspect, its an immediate urine/ blood test and instant dismissal…

footflaps

I reckon 2015 at the earliest….

woody2000

aP – that doesn’t sound quite right. I don’t imagine the human body waits until you’ve had that last drink before it begins dealing with the ones you’ve already had? So 1 unit per hour (give or take) but from when you start drinking, not when you stop. IANAD 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

so tomorrow morning ish?

to 11ish on Sunday would be 48hours, are you still drunk?

iamanobody
    Free Member

but i drank yesterday – that list finished at 8pm last night

hels
    Free Member

If I drank that much in one weekend I would be dead. Thats a fact.

Drink loads of fluids and seek counselling.

hora
    Free Member

over the past weekend?

For arguments sake since Friday night:
    Bottle of red
    1 pint of beer
    2 bottles of prosecco
    half a bottle of muled wine
    8 measures of sloe gin

Sorry – that is alcoholic.

I thought I had a problem with alcohol. I had: 5 pints of Stout, 3 glasses of red, 3 330ml bottles of Steam ale Fri-Sunday.

Gary_M
    Free Member

but i drank yesterday – that list finished at 8pm last night

er I’m confused.

I think you mean binge drinking.

40mpg

Saturday night 1 had 2 bottles of wine and 4 bacardi and cokes and a glass of champagne, from 7pm and finishing at midnight.

I reckon thats about 25 units.

10am sunday I blew a breath tester before driving home (one of the Halfords ones for driving in France, well in date) and it came up completely clear*. Given that Frances limit is less than ours, I reckon that I was gfood to go.

So starting from 9.30 (halfway through drinking) to 10am say 12 hours I processed about 2 units per hour.

Thats my science for the day.

*Note recent press over the accuracy of these things, but it was in date and I followed the instructions.

hora
    Free Member

I think you mean binge drinking.

To drink that much over that period of time isn’t nu-media fancy titles to make it uptodate, for you to cope- to keep going like that is alcoholic.

peterfile
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

to keep going like that is alcoholic.

Unless he needed to do it to get through the day then why is the op an alcoholic?

chief1409
    Free Member

Saturday night 1 had 2 bottles of wine and 4 bacardi and cokes and a glass of champagne, from 7pm and finishing at midnight.

I reckon thats about 25 units.

10am sunday I blew a breath tester before driving home 😯

peterfile
    Free Member

I assume you have no idea what alcoholism is?

njee20
    Free Member

to keep going like that is alcoholic.

Did he say he does it regularly?

If he does it once then it’s a binge of drinking. Is that better? Less “nu-media”? 🙄

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Reckon it depends on hoe old you are

Young ‘un…. short sharp hang overs

Old ‘un …. Not so intense but takes days to get over….. I will not be 100% until I wake up wednesday, from a party on saturday night.

DaRC_L

Drink loads of fluids and seek counselling

Sheesh some people are up-tight 😯 it’s Christmaaaaaaaaas 😆
    Sooo you drank 1 bottle of wine Friday, a couple on Saturday and finished up with a 1/2 bottle for Sunday lunch – was that on/off the mule? (sorry couldn’t resist). A bottle of wine is roughly 9 units = 32 units; the mulled wine will have fewer than 9 units (usually) per bottle and so include the beer into the 32 units.

The measures of sloe gin; were these proper pub single-shot measures (in the UK)? Which will be 1 unit per measure.
    So a total of 40 units and an absorption rate of 1 per hour.

DaRC_L

I thought I had a problem with alcohol.

Yeah my problem with alcohol is I can’t take the hangovers any more.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I can add nothing constructive to this other than on Friday between 3pm and 10pm I consumed:

2 pints Corrs Light (I don’t like Corrs)
    2 single Morgan Spiced with Coke.
    4 single Sailor Jerry with Coke (almost no where sells Sailor Jerry, let along quiet little pubs in rural Wales)
    2 double Sailor Jerry with Coke (singles had become ‘defective’ at this point)
    2 Jagermeister Bombs.

Which was frankly revolting of me, it was the first time I’d drank more than 2 alcoholic drinks in one night in almost 12 months to the day since the last office party.

Not even an uplift day at BPW yesterday shifted the hangover that I’ve still got.

I hate drinking.

slowoldman

I’ve been waiting for years to get the alcohol out of my body.

hels
    Free Member

Well, if your tolerance is such that you can get through that much in a weekend and are contemplating driving, you might need to ask yourself the old NCADD 20 questions…

Don’t believe us, see what the experts think.

https://ncadd.org/learn-about-alcohol/alcohol-abuse-self-test

Gary_M
    Free Member

singles had become ‘defective’ at this point

Was the dispenser for singles broken or do you mean ineffective? 🙂

There’s some up tight drama queens on here!

doris5000

Well, if your tolerance is such that you can get through that much in a weekend and are contemplating driving, you might need to ask yourself the old NCADD 20 questions are probably in your 20’s. Look after yourself and try not to make too much of a habit of it. You’ll soon find that hangovers and life in general get in the way of partying anyway

FTFY 🙂

rene59
    Free Member

10am sunday I blew a breath tester before driving home

Bet that was a surprise for him!

Sandwich

There’s some up tight drama queens on here!

Just maybe they have seen the damage that alcohol abuse can wreak in a family and don’t regard it as a laugh.

Back to the OP about this equine-based wine cocktail?

rogermoore
    DaRC_L

Yeah I got a 10 😆

Sui
    Free Member

that test is rubbish, “do you normally have an excuse to drink heavily” why is yes a bad answer? Surely going out with mates constitutes an excuse, or i was trying a new beer/wine, felt like it?? Surely NO would be a bad answer..?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Back to the OP about this equine-based wine cocktail?

Yeh he made a bit of an ass of himself about that one.

I scored a 4 but only because of a couple of badly worded questions – When you’re sober, do you sometimes regret things you did or said while drinking? Obvs!

njee20
    Free Member

that test is rubbish, “do you normally have an excuse to drink heavily” why is yes a bad answer? Surely going out with mates constitutes an excuse, or i was trying a new beer/wine, felt like it?? Surely NO would be a bad answer..?

Agreed! Surely randomly drinking yourself into oblivion for no reason is infinitely worse than “it was my birthday”. 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘How long to get alcohol out the body??’ is closed to new replies.