Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How long to charge an ipad air2? Faulty?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m presuming my 3 month old ipad is playing up as it takes about 6/7 hrs to charge up and that’s not from flat.

stumpy01

What are you charging it with? The supplied cable, or a skinny cheap one? Plugged into a laptop or into the mains?

Try another charger/cable before assuming it’s the ipad.

DT78
    Free Member

Have you just done the last update? I’ve noticed charging is much slower on my old ipad2 using it with it plugged in still drains it.

My theory is it is all part of apples master plan to get people to upgrade. Just like the same websites that used to be fine are now slow to load…it’ll be the next VW scandle when it comes out, and they will blame it on a couple of rouge software developers

jimdubleyou
    DT78
    Free Member

Oh yea, I bought a new cable from the Apple Store at a ridiculous £15 to check it wasn’t the cable, and have tried 2 different apple chargers.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

As above, plus try a soft reset (hold home and lock buttons down together for ten seconds). Failing these, I’d be off to the nearest Apple Store/reseller.

woody74

6/7 hours does seem like a very very long time. As others have said make sure you have the latest iOS update.

Also make sure you have the right Apple charging plug. Some look the same but are actually different. It should not be a flat plug type that comes with the iPhone but one that sticks out and has the USB port on the front and not bottom. These are higher wattage so charge faster. Charging from a computer USB will also take longer.

Lastly you should have bought one of our cables, same price but much better than Apples and a lifetime warranty (blatant plug). https://www.woodforddesign.com/products/quickdraw-3-0-led-lightning-cable?variant=17734509381

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mine from flat with supplied Apple charger takes about an hour and a half, takes much longer with the travel charger (the flat Apple one) if hooked up to Mac then about an hour and a half.

There or thereabouts.

canopy
    Free Member

Don’t worry so much about the cable, its the charger that’s most important.

Use the proper iPad charger (or similar/better rated) even an official apple iPhone charger will take a lot longer. Any old USB port will NOT be providing the output required.

onandon
    Free Member

There are lots of different wattage apple chargers. It would help to know what version you have.

rossburton
    Free Member

Yeah it may be the wrong charger, iPad ones have a much higher wattage. This is written on the back of the charger somewhere, usually in very small very light writing so it’s a bit of an eye test to read.

mysterymove
    Free Member

Mine’s the same 18 months old – I thought it was the shite quality 🙁

At 11 months old and the screen started to turn itself off if i use it for more than 3 minutes at a time. Its also bent from being carried everywhere in my laptop bag – more now as ‘bending’ it appears to have fixed the screen!

Now it takes hours to charge no matter which charger i use.

I’m beginning to think this is the end of the road with me and apple products…

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you are charging it with a phone charger thats how long it will take. If you use the larger iPad charger less than half that time. I charge mine overnight so I don’t pay that much attention.

iPad1 faultless over 4+ years. Had my Air2 2 years with no problems. Both used a lot evey day

woody74

Remember if you Apple product starts playing up that they have like everything else a 6 year warranty. Its UK law. Just give Apple a ring and remind them of the fact: http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

This + the free support they give when you do a software OS or iOS update means you really never need their extended AppleCare cover. To be fair AppleCare does cover you for accidental cover as well.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Will do a test with the official plug from flat and see how long it takes. ive got two of those type of plugs and I know one is from my very first I device so will make sure its the latest..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its not hard to tell my chargers apart, small flat plug one from the phone, much bigger chunky square one for iPad

onandon
    Free Member

The square chunky one also comes in a few versions.

Flaperon

Remember if you Apple product starts playing up that they have like everything else a 6 year warranty. Its UK law. Just give Apple a ring and remind them of the fact: http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

Ahhahahahahahahaha.

Do you honestly think big companies have any requirement to comply with laws like that? And it’s not a six year warranty; it’s “fit for purpose” for up to six years depending on the product.

On the bright side, there are other avenues you can go down. Nationwide reversed a debit card payment to a major retain chain in branch in about 30 seconds when I gave up trying to get a replacement in the shop (“returns and replacements only with receipt”).

woody74

Flatiron – I agree that in the shop it is a hard sell for them to actually play by the law, but I have used this with Apple and they fixed my Macbook. I have given up arguing in shops about warranty / refunds and just go straight to head office by phone and then letter if that does not work. You always seem to get better service than arguing in a shop until you are blue in the face. Also amazing how well Twitter works for putting a complaint in.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How long to charge an ipad air2? Faulty?’ is closed to new replies.