Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • How long since your last bike purchase?
  • razorrazoo

nbt – Member
    the last *bike* I bought was four years ago.

About 12 months ago I built up a new bike by buying all the bits second hand and putting it together myself

That’s how I roll, and I sell the old bits to justify the cost to MrsR. I’ve built practically a new bike in the last 6 months and she’s none the wiser.

I’ve not bought a full new bike for about 15 years. Always been get a frame and bolt on the old bits and upgrade bits over time.

camo16
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow is obviously a kindred spirit. Dang nice Coppi there, dude. 😀

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow is obviously a kindred spirit. Dang nice Coppi there, dude.

Cheers, go retro, you won’t regret it, I love it and,… lots of whoooo nice bike mate, which is nice.

darryl1983
    Free Member

Bought a road bike about 4 months, first full bike purchase in about 8 years. She wasn’t happy, but sold my commuter to help justify it.

Then last week built up a singlespeed rigid mtb in my loft (she doesn’t go up there you see), using an old frame and a spare set of wheels that i’d recently replaced on my hardtail (again she doesn’t know about that). I’m not sure if she knows about the latest build or not yet.

MoreCashThanDash

April 25th – my birthday. New commuter.

5 years since I bought a road bike.

5 years since I bought a mountain bike (though the one I have now is 9 years old)

I really REALLY need a lottery win soon! 😳

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

darryl1983 – Member

Bought a road bike about 4 months, first full bike purchase in about 8 years. She wasn’t happy, but sold my commuter to help justify it.

Then last week built up a singlespeed rigid mtb in my loft (she doesn’t go up there you see), using an old frame and a spare set of wheels that i’d recently replaced on my hardtail (again she doesn’t know about that). I’m not sure if she knows about the latest build or not yet.

This is no way to live. 😆

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I once hid a full bike under a double bed we were sleeping in, it was a gift for her, but all the same it worked

camo16
    Free Member

I don’t have a loft or under bed space. 🙁 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

No man cave? Sort that out!

peterich
    Free Member

just sold my spicy and jump bike “only have the one now ” a cotic bfe im trying to do till next spring with one do it all bike – going well so far but find myself looking at the Norco sight a lot – must stop

superfli
    Free Member

20 years ago!
    1993 Rockhopper comp, bit like this one:

I’ve bought a couple of new frames+forks since though.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I don’t buy bikes just bits and frames, a bit like Trigger’s broom my bikes constantly evolve.

camo16
    Free Member

No man cave? Sort that out!

Yeah, which is why ideally the plan is a new house, not a new (to me) bike! But there’s always room for some middle ground surely… 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

‘Bout an hour 😛

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Any day now. Pushed the button on a ribble GFondo a week or so ago. Awaiting dispatch. If trek bring out a nice 650b remedy ill have one of those too.

JoeG
    Free Member

A week and a half ago.

[/url] DSCN1725 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]

camo16
    Free Member

Wow JoeG that’s a cool blast from the past. My colleague has a Klein Pulse and still totally loves it. 🙂

kcal

New Peregrine frame and forks acquired in Spring, bits a mixture of second hand and new. Previous two ‘bikes’ (Kilaeua and Stumpjumper M2) have both been second hand frame+forks combinations that have been built up.

My last new bike purchase was in, er about 1999 maybe, Marin hybrid for commuting though it got put to all sorts of duties. My son now has that..

OCB
    Free Member

I last bought a complete bike back in 1992 – everything else has been from a frame and built from there.

I built / rebuilt two last month – One new frame and a pile of new bits spread between the two, and reusing some stuff I already had, so I ‘spose it probably evens out to one, last month.

🙄

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

about 5 years. after a good few years wheeling and dealing (excuse the pun) ended up with a yeti arc, intense 5.5, s works tricross and scott cr-sl. can’t really see how i can do much better so no plans to change… although i would’nt mins an s-works tarmac if i could find a nice used frame or, in my crazy dreams, i quite like the idea of swapping out the scott frame and trying an s-works transition just for the heck of it.

oh, would’mt mind a yeti arc-x if i could find one, very nearly bought one a few years back and slightly regret it.

chrismac

About a month. Getting past the OH was easy as she spend twice as much on her new bike 2 months before that so had no leg to stand on 🙂

househusband

Put a 10& deposit down yesterday afternoon… bike itself a few months away. 8)

Hells

5 days ago brought the total (here) up to 4, although the oldest 1 is going to a new home in about 8 days so I’ll be back down to 3.

No other half to worry about, but flatmate reckoned I should be keeping the 1 I’m getting rid of!!

JoeG
    Free Member

Camo16 – yeah, I’m happy with it, but my lower back is not. That 90s low bar stretched out riding position + a very rigid frame + an elastomer fork… 😡

nano
    Free Member

About 10 days..

Mrs Nano rides too, so getting it past her is relatively easy. Downside is there’s no getting any upgrades or kit past her, no way at all.

We have a bit of an arms race with bikes; i’m currently leading 4 to 3

smogmonster

Erm, this afternoon. I followed the time tested routine of ordering it and simply riding the storm of grief from missus.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Bought my bike in June well on finance. And some Maxxis advantage a week later as the Rapid Robs were crap. Next purchases are Rockshox 30 gold or Reba RL, Shimano SLX groupset and some carbon bling.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Lurcher frame about 3 months ago & should have two complete bikes with me next week (ghost road bike & salsa el mariachi SS) plus currently buying all the bits for the Lurcher so will have 3 new bikes very soon

OH is fine as I sold something I luckily bought yrs ago for peanuts & sold it for a shit load & gave her some of the dosh

breadcrumb

3 months ago, 2 days after I got married. Mrs Breadcrumb was cool about it, reckon I could of upped the budget quite a bit more tbh.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

About 1 month new bike been looking for about 7months so plenty of time to negotiate with other half 😀 bike bits about 2weeks ago chain oil and inner tube don’t have to run that passed other half as below level to require negotiations 😆

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘How long since your last bike purchase?’ is closed to new replies.