Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How long should a bladder last?
  • FOG

I realise this is a ‘how long is a piece of string’ question but I worked out my Camelback is at least 3 years old, gets used on average twice a week and lives in the freezer the rest of the time so it’s been used at least 300 times. It gets a poke out with the cleaning kit once in a while and is just beginning to taste a bit off. Is this good, bad? what bladders are particularly long lasting in peoples’ experience?

Merlinman

65 years so far 🙂

I reckon you’ve done well @ 3 years?

headfirst
    Free Member

IME, that’s bloody good!

frogstomp

Once you’ve broken the seal..? About every 10 minutes..

🙄

lipseal
    Free Member

Couple of weekends if we are busy..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

External bladder? That would be handy. Sometimes when I’m drinking I just wish I could have a tube attached astronaut stylee, then I woon’t have to keep running to the bog. 😳 Bladder the size of a walnut, me.

At Mayhem, save having to get up propply, get me shoes and coat on to go to the bog during the night, I just peed into a plastic beer glass and then lobbed the contents out of the tent. T’was raining anyway so din’t matter. 🙂

nicko74

Elfinsafety

Catheter and a pee bag, that’s what you want. Of course the reason you can’t get one is Elfinsafety gorn maaaaad…

carlos
    Free Member

Had mine nearly 6 yrs now, not made me ill (yet) as kept in either the fridge or freezer and rinsed out each use and now and again with steradent. It’s been patched twice with Duck Tape and I reckon its got a couple more yrs in it yet.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think you’ll find it’s Elfinsafety Living With Mental Elf Issues. 😐

No it would be handy though woon’t it? Like in the cinema/theatre/concert venue etc, stuff like that.

Maybe some sort of funnel with a gaiter, a bit of plastic tubing and a bayg which could be strapped to me leg, or one down each leg.

Little remote operated valve which I could release once outside, Great Escape stylee.

avdave2

My Deuter one lasted 10 years before splitting on a ride. I was glad I always have a bottle on the bike as well.

kiwijohn

Cleaning? Freezer? What?
    Empty, refill, use, repeat. Lives in the bike room ready to go.

binners

The bladder I just replaced was donated to medical research. So far they’ve discovered 832 species of bacteria that were previously unknown to mankind. All of which seem completely resilient to anti-biotics.

They’re now being utlised in chemical weapons

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How long should a bladder last?’ is closed to new replies.