Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • How long is too long for a service on a wheel?
  • Xylene
    Free Member

I dropped my wheel in for a service a week past Friday. I checked and they said 3-5 day turn around.

A week later I stopped in to see if they had made any progress. They hadn’t, and were waiting for some sealed bearing they weren’t expecting, hopefully in that afternoon.

It’s now Monday I missed two lovely days at the weekend and am starting to get concerned that they might not get it done in time for the last weekend of freedom for 18 years or so.

At what point would other STW members go to the shop and get the wheel back unserviced. Should I pay for the work they have done or not?

THe fancy bearing has bumped the price up quite a bit more than I expected as well, which miffed me, but it’s cheaper than a wheel.

R.lepecha

Should not take anywhere near that long IMHO. I think less than 2 days I would have thought unless you have some really really really uncommon hubs with dodgy non-standard size cartridge(I take it they are cartrige) bearings.

I say go back tell them to shove the job and do it yourself.

Xylene
    Free Member

ball and cup one side,

cartridge for the freewheel.

got to love saint

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How long is too long for a service on a wheel?’ is closed to new replies.