Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How long is too long?.
  • andythom28
    Free Member

Anybody on here had a bad experience dealing with silverfish uk? Only I’ve been waiting now since last September 13months for a replacement frame off them!! I managed to crack the rear swing arm on my Evil Revolt last September , I returned it to the shop that I purchased it from for them to send it back under warranty.i received my frame back the following month,built it back up and took it for a local blast. I only managed 1 run over Mt Ash when I noticed that the flip chip bolt had been inserted crossed threaded and managed to put a sizeable gouge into the down tube. Not happy I restripped the frame took it back to lbs and to this day I’m still waiting for a replacement frame. Now I think I’ve been more than reasonable in waiting this long and I’m starting to get really pi***d off. I’m bored now of being told that theyre still waiting for the new frames to be released, I really want to ring them and give them a piece of my mind,if only I could find their phone number!
    Rant over.cheers.

exorcist
    Free Member

01752 843 882

😉

I’d visit the LBS and give them the option of giving you this number though. You never know, they may not have even sent the frame.

legend
    Free Member

You should be in the Evil warranty queue – but it’s a very very long queue! Heard plenty of tales of people that have been waiting up to and over 2 years for their replacement!

I assume that, as an owner, you’re fully aware of the Revolt story?

neallyman
    Free Member

20 months waiting here.
    To be honest I’ve resigned myself to not getting anything now. If something does eventually come through then it will be a bonus.

Although if you google image the new carbon undead there are more and more out there, I think they are starting to be sold in the US. But Kevin from Evil did tell me directly that the ‘queue’ will be dealt with in order of when the claim was reported, and I think I’m quite far down that queue…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m bored now of being told that theyre still waiting for the new frames to be released

I’m sure they are not sat on your bike, waiting for your call….

The Evil shambles is well documented, one of the guys I ride with has been waiting over 2 years for his now. He’s also written it off.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Why would people write it off or even think about waiting so long? Why not get a refund?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

So its an Evil problem, rather than Silverfish? Refund sounds sensible after that length of time, but does that mean the LBS takes the hit?
    Silverfish were very quick getting my frame back to Yeti.

Yeti have yet to be helpful, but thats another story…

druidh
    Free Member

Your first port of call is the shop that sold you it. Given that Evil have accepted that this is a warranty issue, it is up to the shop to resolve this to your satisfaction. Personally, I’d just be asking for a full refund. It’s then up to the shop to deal with Silverfish, Silverfish with Evil.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why would people write it off or even think about waiting so long? Why not get a refund?

Or a replacement frame from one of the many other nice brands which Silverfish bring into the UK?

coogan
    Free Member

13 and 20 months of waiting?! I’d have asked for my money a loooong time ago.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would have waoted about amonth i think to get ot resolved a few more weeks after that once complaining loudly.
    At 2 months I would have been to the small calims court

You have rights use them and as others note yur deal with with the shop as they are your supplier – they can then deal with thier suppliers

Why would anyone wait that long?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Why would anyone wait that long?

Bike indusry ‘2 weeks’ rolling joke/neverending saga.

Refund from the shop, they can then follow the chain back to Evil is the approach I would have taken.

In the case of the guy I know, he’s still got his Revolt, and has welded it up and ridden it ever since, because he likes the way it rides. he is of the mindset if it ever shows up, then its a bonus.

wwaswas

Retailer is responsible. I’d be chasing them.

Evil seem to have remarkably tolerant customers from what I’ve read on this debacle.

Woody
    Free Member

I can’t believe anyone would wait 3 months, never mind 13!

Refund or replacement with equivalent immediately, failing that, take the shop to court.

pinetree
    Free Member

[sarcasm]Yeah, it’s definitely Silverfish’s fault. I bet they’ve had new frames all along and are deliberately holding them back, as it’s really good for their publicity…[/sarcasm]

Warranty issues have been done to death on this forum, and the conclusion is nearly always the same: Your warranty is with the bike shop you bought it from, and that really should be the end of it. What happens after that is between them and the distributor, and so on up the supply chain.
    If your shop’s in talks with Silverfish, they could perhaps take the initiative and offer you a replacement from another brand.

I understand why you’re frustrated- 13 months is a ridiculously long time. However if your shop’s half decent, there’s no reason it can’t be resolved amicably.

29erKeith
    Free Member

as silverfish seem to be a big ish company I’d really be expecting them to try and help out even if it is the manufacturer that’s the real problem by the sounds of it.

I know where the Law/STW stand on who’s problem it is etc but..
    If I’d bought via my small local LBS though I’d feel pretty bad for them too as it doesn’t sound like there’d be much they could do without ending up out of pocket themselves. As this case it looks like a bigger company I’d expect ’em to take the hit for not to recover the loss later

cookeaa

Got to be money back time by now surely…

I’d hope any refund came with a hefty apology too.

Over a year is disgraceful IMO.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi AndyThom28

As has been stated on here previously the Evil saga is one thats pretty well documented. As the UK distributor we do, of course, take responsibilty for any warranties that have arisen in the UK and working in conjunction with our dealers we have attempted to see that everyone is looked after either through replacements from our other brands or refunds.

We dont expect anyone to simply wait endlessy for the replacement of a warranty frame.

That said – we have justreceived our very first drop of beautiful new Evil Undead carbon frames. These will be used to satisfy any warranties of customers who did choose to wait.

As you already have an outstanding Evil warranty I would say the best thing for you to do is pop into your supplying dealer who should be able to bring tou to speed within a day or so as to how your exact case is progressing.

Thanks

Richie

andyrm
    Free Member

Or a replacement frame from one of the many other nice brands which Silverfish bring into the UK?

Silverfish are damn good at looking after people. I know someone who wanted an SB66 frame, but Yeti were running sloooooooooow on production/global supply and he was offered something else instead, in fact quite a significant upgrade.

I’d suggest a polite and pleasant call to Silverfish to ask what they can do to help. They’re all riders there so understand what it must be like to not have a bike, and if you are nice rather than being all ranty (which IMO nobody ever has an excuse to be), you’ll probably find them able to sort you out.

🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How long is too long?.’ is closed to new replies.