Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • How long is acceptable for postage from the classifieds?
  • coopersport1
    Free Member

Paid on the 26th July, only £7.50 no sign after a week, emailed said had been ill and would post the next day still no sign. 2weeks up tomorrow, very annoyed but probably not much I can do as used paypal gift.

First bad experience and I'm always upfront about when i'll be able to post if a sell anything over the otherside

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Name and shame if a specific time was given for sending out I reckon, especially as it's been what 13 days now.

Not acceptable atall imo.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

If person ill, surely needs another follow up e-mail at this point before name & shame. Admittedly if it was me I'd try and get someone else to post for me, but everyones circumstances are different.

taxi25
    Free Member

You can never know for sure, but I always assume this I've been ill thing is just an excuse. For most people, being ill and off work would give you more time to get something posted. I'm 50 and apart from a stay in hospital I've never been confined to a bed for a whole week.

ton

i aim to get all stuff i sell out the day after payment land in my paypal.
    i cant see why people have a problem doing the same.

uplink
    Free Member

I know it's a bit late for you but as it's only £7.50, I'll risk sounding a bit negative

Don't buy from people who only use the classifieds part of this site – most of them really don't give 2 hoots about anyone else

coogan
    Free Member

Doesn't matter how much it's for. You paid the money, they should post the item. Minute money arrives with me I let them know and let them know when it's in the post. Be nice if some let you know it'd arrived too, but that's not always the case…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Was their advert in block capitals? i hate that

rob2
    Free Member

I can understand a week as someone might post second class and live in a village or something, but two weeks is out of order really with no comms recently.

I do wonder if there should be some sort of user rating to give some confidence to the buyer.

lots of good people on the site and its rubbish if ruined by a few bad eggs.

Hope it turns up man.

mikeyd
    Free Member

Well I've been waiting 3 months so far, I'm sure he's packaging it as I type…

bigyinn
    Free Member

WHAT WRONG WITH CAPS? :mrgreen:

Xylene
    Free Member

WHAT WRONG WITH CAPS?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH APOSTROPHES?

coopersport1
    Free Member

I wouldn't mind but I need the part! If it was me I'd update the buyer if there was a problem, so far it's been me making contact. Last chance for post 2morrow then i'll email again and name and shame

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Nice to see that there is someone commenting on thread who sold me an item which was different to what he stated, even after I had confirmed on e mail.

The service was quick -just not what i bought. As it wasnt a huge amount simply decided to write it off and consider it a lesson learnt.

ton

Margin Walker – Member
    Nice to see that there is someone commenting on thread who sold me an item which was different to what he stated, even after I had confirmed on e mail.

i sent you a used twice chainring in the wrong size
    you payed me a fiver, it cost me 6-50 to send it, i offered you a refund, you said it did not matter.

email me you paypal addy i will send you your fiver back, and you can still keep the chainring which are 21.50 new….ok 8)

ton

margin walker………….did you here me.
    email me your paypal addy, or a postal address, i can send you your fiver back then.

bruneep

<pulls up chair and opens a beer>

you must have his address if you posted it to him?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Not that bothered as now have one. How much the one you sent me new is irrelevant as I dont have a need for one. You didnt offer refund, you just said you would send what I ordered. As I said, good service, just not what i ordered, which is why I didnt mention who it was.

Nevermind…… 🙂

coopersport1
    Free Member

Beer opened, looks like i've started something!

ton

bruneep, cheers, i did not think of that…..i was a bit angry.
    in all the time i have been on here and all the stuff i have sold this is the 1st complaint i have ever had.
    shame he could not have told me via email that he was not happy, rather than saying it was ok.

margin walker……….i sent it via tnt….which i will have a copy of the reciept at work.
    i will send you your fiver back, recorded delivery just to make sure you get it..ok?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Just check your e mails. You said you'd made a mistake and would send another and that was it. No refund mentioned. Heard nothing more…….

As I said ..not really that bothered.

ton

obviously you are, as i am for making the mistake of sending the wrong thing.
    please email me a delivery address and i will put my wrong right.. 😀

Xylene
    Free Member

Ton, if he keeps playing bashful, can I have the fiver instead?

ton

😆

tails
    Free Member

Take the fiver man free money!!!!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Lol at Quirrel!

Xylene
    Free Member

Lol at Quirrel!

Shy bairns get not chocolate

Rickos
    Free Member

Can we name and shame the OP's seller yet?

ton

Margin Walker……….found your address in horwich…….cash is on the way. 8)

BIGMAN
    Free Member

i think it depends what has been bought. If you have sent a large item ie parcel shipping with Royal Mail is 3-5 days…

If its somthing small that can be sent 1st class there is really no reason why they should not have it in a week.. 2 weeks though is far to long.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

ton, please can I have a fiver and send me something I dont want. 😮

takisawa2

I always try to have stuff in a bag/box ready to go.
    Dont think I've ever dragged my feet.
    Got two people mixed up once, luckily they were fine with exchanging via post. Often thought a feedback post would be good on here.

MarginWalker
    Free Member

WTF, we now have a "Marginwalker" and a "Margin Walker"? Mods, should there not be a rule checker in place to prevent user names being created that differ only by white space?

coopersport1
    Free Member

BIGMAN no I haven't got my wheels yet but don't worry it's not you! that this post is aimed at! like you say bigger items take time on standard parcels.

The case is over a £7.50 hope head doctor, I've emailed again today saying either item or money back within 24hrs or I name and shame everywhere I can think of.

I sold some tyres yesterday and posted this morning whilst on a break I don't see the problem, but unlike Ebay there is no backup using the classifieds on here, it's all based on mutual trust.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I did not even realise that was you Andrew! Just e mailed you anyway!!

Yeh totally agree with what your saying.. If you want a Hope Head Doctor I have one kicking about at home you can have??

ton

i do hope my fiver has gone back to the correct marginwalker/margin walker…………. 😉

coopersport1
    Free Member

And I do hope that BIGMAN has sent some wheels to a Simon! or we're all getting very confuddled 😕

Anyway I've hammered in a star fangled nut now so don't really need the damn thing!

sv

It could be worse – try swapping the l & n around 😉

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Sorry Simon, I am in the process of writing a work e mail at the same time!!!

coopersport1
    Free Member

No probs 😆 o and if Ton is handing out fivers can I have one ❓

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How long is acceptable for postage from the classifieds?’ is closed to new replies.