Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • How long have you worked for your current employer?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just racked up 26 years service 😯

Granted I’ve been able to move round a bit, but still a bloody long time

Who’s going to make me feel like the new boy and out do me by a decade or more?

Stoner
    Free Member

26 years

😯

I think longest Ive put up with the same people is about 4yrs at a time 🙂

However, Ive been self employed/freelance for the last 8yrs so I may finally have found someone Im happy working with…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

To bloody long. 11 years.

I regret leaving my 1st job, I would’ve had 43 years in on the council! Should never have left.

tomhoward

Not me, (7 years here) but my dad retired in April just gone, at 63, having got the job when he was 18.

northernmatt

5 months at this one but 8 years before that doing the same thing at a different company.

May be having reservations about this decision. Possible “what should I do with my life” thread to follow.

Edit: just wondering, what is the worst long service gift anyone has been given. I know someone who has just done 15yr at a multinational company in a pretty respectable position and he got given a photo frame that would have cost about £2 from a market stall.

footflaps

14 years in 2 stints, I had a 6 month break for a disastrous career change about 6 years ago.

bearnecessities

I was just thinking ’12’, then I realised another year has passed – where the flip did that year go?

Drac

A little over 25 years.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

15 years, though to be fair, I’m in the telecoms industry, so my colleagues have all changed….several times

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not been in i by myself but there doesn’t seem to be a month go by where someone isn’t getting a 40 year service award.

tenfoot

Coming up for 11 years, but in two stints – first one being 9. After almost 2 years, still not sure if I should have come back

jota180
    Free Member

6 months in the current one, 21 years in the previous one

sweaman2
    Free Member

12 Years. But one of my colleagues is retiring after 36 years; and has worked in the same building for the entire time – 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Around 13 years. My boss is an arsehole. I have no idea how I’ve put up with him for this long.

scotroutes

9 months (3 of that we are actually closed).

I had 33 years (to the day!) when I retired though.

13 months. I’d I like to stay for a bit longer but it’s not a job I want for too long.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’ve only had the one job, part time from 1983, full time since the day I left school in 1986 😐

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

3 years and need out , too far to travel for 17k a year !

grim168
    Free Member

31 years this year. Got an award at 25 and due another at 40 but might not be here then if I can get out early. (cnc machining) 1st year apprentice in 1984-take home pay was £46.50

wilburt
    Free Member

15 years but pondering a change ( as always).

ton

15 years come march. think it will see me to feet up time.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

14 years this March!

StirlingCrispin

4 months but 18 years with my colleagues.

Together through spin-offs, take-overs, redundancy, start-ups, administration, redundancy, and a partial take-over (hence the 4 months bit).

But today was my last day and I start a new job next month!

andycs

2 weeks for the current job, 10 years each for the 2 previous jobs.

postierich
    Free Member

14 yrs Started in Scarborough moved to Tamworth(6 months) Lichfield and now in Kendal hopefully will end up in Scotland 🙂

Trekster

Just entered my 37th yr 😆
    Like p.d.f the job has remained basically the same, fixing machines, but with down sizing/reorganisation etc there has always been change. Last year was the beginning of a new chapter with an in at the deep end, steep learning curve change again.
    Pay day this weekend, 19(monthly)left to go 😆 😆

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

38 years 113 days 😉 you’ve just started come back when you’ve put some time in 😀

breadcrumb

8 and a bit years. Still enjoying it most of the time.

9 years at my last job, about 4 years too long but glad I didn’t make it double figures.

I worked with someone who had had over 30 jobs since leaving school and he was only in his 30s!

bruneep

been with them 23 years, 11 months, 16 days only 5 years, 1 month, 15 days to go

willej

2 years in current job, 16 years in previous job.

Drac

been with them 23 years, 11 months, 16 days only 5 years, 1 month, 15 days to go

Lucky you. 25 years, 11 months, 15 days to go for me.

Waderider
    Free Member

4 days today. Hope to stay the rest of my working life, I’m 42ish.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ve worked for me for just over three years.

I’m the best employer I’ve ever had as I just let myself get on with it. Down side is I make myself work very hard indeed.

wiredog
    Free Member

11 years, longest job I’ve had but starting to get itchy feet

anagallis_arvensis

3 weeks

hjghg5
    Free Member

13.5 years

number18
    Free Member

4 years and 3 months.

There are four people in our office who have worked for the company for between 25 and 30 years. One of which her dad as been working for the company for 52 years!

tops5
    Free Member

3 months and not for much longer……..

allthepies
    Free Member

27 years.

markrh
    Free Member

36 years this year.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘How long have you worked for your current employer?’ is closed to new replies.