Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • How long have you had your winter bug?
  • zippykona

Week 5 brings a bloody awful sore throat.
    Make it go away please.

steve-g
    Free Member

Think this is week 4

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Day 3. Sounds like Im in for a ride.

portlyone

Mine lasted for around a month, started end of Jan and only really feel 100% now. Since I was ill for that long it’s not the same 100% I was at before being ill!

northernmatt

Week 9. Varied from being unable to breathe through my nose to chesty rattly cough. Horrible, just want to be better.

footflaps

OH is on 2nd course of antibiotics for chest infection. Two off work with the same and nearly everyone at work has some form of bug. Worst winter for colds and chest infections I can recall.

allthepies
    Free Member

This winter – do not like.

richmtb

Day three for me too.

Hopefully its not the same bug then

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Seem to have got away with 2 weeks which were split by 3 days. 1st week all in my head, sinuses, just a very nasty cold. Got over it then 3 days later got into my chest and utterly flawed me for 7 full days. One week later seem to be getting back to full health again, thank goodness.

zilog6128

Week 1 was sore throat, week 2 full on cold/manflu, week 3 it seems to be easing (just a bit of snot/coughing). Was going to go to the GP, doubt I’ll bother now as it sounds like I’ve just got to wait the bugger out!

DezB
    Free Member

Week one was full on snots and cold symptoms; week 2, headaches starting at the base of the skull came and went daily. Horrible.
    Now I’ve got to try to get fit again. Rather annoying.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Like fervouredimage I’ve had/got a timeshare bug. 10 days of a bad but ultimately copable cold – about a week of OKness, then this bitch of a debilitating cold/cough/sore throat thing. Just starting to feel better not as bloody awful.

BoardinBob

4 days. Currently in new york and its ruined my trip.

benslow
    Free Member

Theres strength in numbers – glad I’m not alone …

Week 5 and this weeks suprise ailment is streaming nose and sneezing fits.

Second cough reduced, fever and sweating lingering …

Worse start to any year I’ve had.

hels
    Free Member

Sounds like I got off lightly – I have had the nasty sore throat/cough/cold that has been going about for just over two weeks. Reached the worst point a week ago when I lost my voice totally for 2 days. It sure is lingering tho…

freeagent
    Free Member

last winter (2011/2012) I had one cold/flu after another, was ill for months, regular trips to the doctors and ended up with a chest infection.
    Last November I had a Flu-jab – and so far this winter i’ve had one cold, which lasted about 4 days.

Best £10 i’ve ever spent.

johnellison
    Free Member

Started with mine just before Christmas last year. It’s probably only in the last month that I feel fully fit again – so, all told about 3 months 😯

CountZero

From Jan 2nd (Norovirus) straight into cold virus that lasted until about a week and a half ago. 🙁

woody2000

3 weeks now, feel back to about 75% currently 😕

Gary_M
    Free Member

I never ever get ill but this virus floored me, I had to take two days off sick. First sicky in 14 years! Anyway that was three weeks ago and I’m still not right, tired, bit of a cough and struggling like an old fat bloke on the bike.

Didn’t have a cold, just went from a cough starting on the Monday to exhausted and loss of appetite Tuesday/Wednesday.

mrmoofo

Mine started this time last year. Was turned away from the NHS three times and told to MTFU. Local friend , who is a pediatrician then asked me how long I had had whooping cough for !! It lasted from April til around Xmas …
    And then at the start of Feb, i got the “winter bug”. I was fortunate – it only lasted a couple of weeks for me- but I am still left with sore joints and a general feeling of apathy.

It hasn’t been a good year – my ambition is just to be able to breathe properly !!

Garry_Lager

Raging man-flu here. Defying medical science just to write this post tbh.

Came back from the States last week and didn’t sleep a wink on the plane, then straight into work. Bad jetlag turned into man flu over the weekend. Been so tired, sleeping 3/4 hours in the middle of the day.

I think I’m on the mend though as I saw a beer in the fridge earlier and thought I might have that this evening 🙂 Reckon it will be just a cold now for the next few days. Definitely easy does it on the bike over the next week.

Bunnyhop

Garry Lager – get well soon.

Mine has been 4.5 weeks and only just feeling noramls again. Was elated to get back on the bike last week, even though I could have walked faster and rode every hill in granny ring.
    At least all the coughing has given me a flat stomach.

Hubby always knows when I’m properly poorly as I can’t eat chocolate.

paddy0091
    Free Member

just about gone, 11days it lasted.

IanW
    Free Member

Week two for me and back to work, albeit with the throat still sore and a cough to annoy my colleagues.

Last week being my first absence in 5 years, hot, cold, shivers, sweats, aches, streaming eyes and nose the works.

edit: just read some of the posts above and agree theres no dodging this bullet, I am a serial garlic muncher and never normally get anything.

mudshark
    Free Member

I had it for 2 or 3 weeks at the start of the year – really nasty for the 2nd half. Then I got something that seemed the same sort of thing a couple of weeks ago but this time never got much more than annoying – a mild sore throat for most of it then a few days of annoying cough and runny nose. Seem to be pretty much over it now.

Never had a cold that lasted much more than a week before this winter.

IainFP
    Free Member

Week one for me. Seems like full-on flu.

Have had the most violent whole body shivering I’ve ever suffered followed by big burn. Sore throat, aches and seriously knackered.

Last time I think I had flu was about 15yrs ago, first time off work for at least 7yrs.

A bit depressing reading how long some folk have suffered for 🙁

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘How long have you had your winter bug?’ is closed to new replies.