Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • How long from putting on market to getting views on a house??
  • PiknMix
    Free Member

A second viewing is always good renton. I’ve just been given our completion date so I’m trying to push some of my good luck forwards to yourself.
    Hope it goes well.

LoCo
    Free Member

Ours has had no viewings for first 6 weeks and now has just gone a bit mental with viewings, was quiet until end of summer holidays and then people started looking again after they had recovered 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just out of interest, when you see it at 150000 OIEO would that lead you to think I am after 155k or above??

Honestly it matters very little what you are after, I’d offer 140k if it looked worth it. Any offers will be subject to survey and more negotiations.

dooosuk
    Free Member

the only negative comment was that it was a bit dark due to colour schemes!!

Best get a vat of magnolia and get painting before Saturday then!

renton
    Free Member

Most of the house is wall papered. will it be ok to paint over that or is that not really a good idea?

cinnamon_girl

Person wanted a second viewing on my property and asked if it was OK for a friend to come along and video. FFS it’s not a bloomin’ 50 room mansion. Dumbar$e has been told to take a hike. 😈

Rockape63
    Free Member

You can paint over anything Renton, but it may take three coats!

If I were you I’d be cool and wait for a buyer to show up. Yes paint walls in neutral colours, make the front more welcoming, keep everything as minimal as poss and put the price on at £157,500.

Remember, some people may start looking next week, they will have no knowledge of your issues.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just had another look at the details. I’d plant a small ornamental tree in the middle of the gravel. Ideally evergreen as it’s autumn soon. I’d plant much more, but it’s an expensive thing to do and you’re leaving!

renton
    Free Member

157500. Christ I would be well happy with that but I don’t think I would get any views at all if I put it up for that!

Rockape63
    Free Member

157500. Christ I would be well happy with that but I don’t think I would get any views at all if I put it up for that!

Well you’ve had no views at in excess of £150 so what have you got to lose. People never pay the asking price anyway, so if they’re interested in the house they will come and look and if they want it they will put in an offer. The higher start price just ensures you don’t get ridiculous offers….hopefully!

andy8442
    Free Member

Ours has being on the market for 13 months. It’s a perfectly nice 3/4 bed house in north west leeds. I’m so glad the housing market is doing well in the south east, but the rest of the country is very different. The truth would hurt the “recovering” economy, wouldn’t it? especially to a London based media and government whole really can’t see past Watford Gap.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Its simply supply and demand Andy….whatever you think of the media. Overseas buyers don’t want houses in Leeds and it is they who have driven the rise in London. We have children who can never dream of owning a house in the SE, its not all good.

Hope you sell your house soon! 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Well you’ve had no views at in excess of £150k so what have you got to lose

exactly.

Seems odd to put it on at OIEO £150k if you think £157k is way more than you are expecting. I’d expect to get a house on at £157k for less than £150k.

crankboy
    Free Member

If you have a second viewing I would not change anything till that is done . They have already seen the house as is. However if that does not go forward then I would get rid of the idea of offers over it really puts me off . The pictures of the house particularly the garden look very neat but a tad clinical a bit of scene setting may make it look inviting . eg a nice plant tree in the front gravel some garden furniture in the back so I can imagine sitting out with a drink or meal.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Ours has being on the market for 13 months. It’s a perfectly nice 3/4 bed house in north west leeds. I’m so glad the housing market is doing well in the south east, but the rest of the country is very different. The truth would hurt the “recovering” economy, wouldn’t it? especially to a London based media and government whole really can’t see past Watford Gap.

blaming others when the simple fact is your house is overpriced.

Rockape63
    Free Member

A ‘standard Bay’ in the gravel and some box in planters by the front door will add a classy touch.

its all first impressions and you only get one chance to make one!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

renton – don’t bother going off and wasting time and money doing anything to it now

its on the market already, changing the colour of the wall or extra planting isn’t going to be a deal clincher for this place, really

viewers will either be FTBers or BTRers – and new owners can easily repaint themselves and BTRers dont give a **** (its all about their return – no offence BTRer but you suck)

using a the colour of wall as a negative point on your property is a piss poor example of an excuse imo

its clean and tidy, well presented, near a school and doesn’t need immediate work to move in – then it’ll come down to the price

leave the viewings to the agent – make them work for their money, imo 90% of viewers are idiots and not worth your time and effort, don’t panic

timing is everything, if it had gone on the market before easter, you would of completed months ago imo

mudshark
    Free Member

I don’t understand how the decision to use OIEO comes about but it wouldn’t put me off looking – I’ll look at anything that’s about the right price and otherwise seems to be the sort of thing I want. Never had much choice when I’ve been looking though so maybe if there are dozens of similar types of property it can be an issue? Most people are clueless about anything like this – money/property; some people get good deals on a place because they can see with a bit of effort it will be exactly what they need whilst others think I don’t like the decor and that’s that.

mudshark
    Free Member

Keep a close eye on your chocolate when agents are about

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29228681

renton
    Free Member

Thanks all. The person having the second viewing is a BTR.

Our problem is that everything we are looking at in our price bracket has smaller rooms than the one we are selling. Is that the price you pay for wanting a bigger garden and off road parking?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Is that the price you pay for wanting a bigger garden and off road parking?

Yep, but location is ALWAYS the key. You never get everything you want or even expect…fact! Its all about finding the right compromise.

weeksy

Our problem is that everything we are looking at in our price bracket has smaller rooms than the one we are selling. Is that the price you pay for wanting a bigger garden and off road parking?

There’s always a compromise when buying… and selling.

Sadly, people don’t always see it… The number of viewings we’ve had and people don’t buy because the garden is smaller than they can get in Didcot for example is countless. They forget… the plus side is, they won’t be living in Didcot lol

johndoh
    Free Member

We sold ours in a couple of days last summer (Harrogate) with two people bidding against each other creeping the price up to almost the asking price. It’s location and price that sells and good (well priced) property in Leeds (especially around Horsforth, Bramley etc) sells quickly just like in Harrogate.

Or is your ‘North West Leeds’ actually ‘North East Bradford’? 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Our problem is that everything we are looking at in our price bracket has smaller rooms than the one we are selling. Is that the price you pay for wanting a bigger garden and off road parking?”

number of rooms(ie does it meet my requirements) and offroad parking trumps room size – i couldnt care what size they are as long as i get a bed and wardrobe in.

If it doesnt have off road parking then no thank you.

so yes id say that was an issue- I absolutely despise on street parking – been there done that got the scratches and bumps in my car to prove it. – that and ive carted the shopping a half mile from the nearest space – If you own a car you really want to think about owning somewhere to park it and not just dumping it on the road.

andy8442
    Free Member

johndoh- Pool actually.

trail_rat
    Free Member

From where im sitting its not just london seeing the recovery but anywhere with good job prospects for the masses as oppose to the few.

renton
    Free Member

Well. Second viewing was today.

The couple seemed to like it and are looking at it for BTL.

Anyway they have made an offer of 145k. We have it on for OIEO 150K so we have declined their offer. Hopefully they will come back with a better offer next week.

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘How long from putting on market to getting views on a house??’ is closed to new replies.