Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How long for a parcel to Italy via normal airmail
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Sent a little pressie to a lady who took us on a trip round Italy, never sent anything abroad before, any ideas of how long to get to northern Italy??

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Dunno but italian customs are a right pain sometimes. A lot of ebay sellers won’t ship to italy

Stoner
    Free Member

no ida of shipping time, but eBay 1001 is “never ship to Italy”.

Having said that, my dad did get paid without any scamming for an antique fixed spool reel worth £700 to italy.

trout
    Free Member

Italy is the black hole of the postal services
    more stuff goes missing than gets delivered

just google. mail to italy to see

martinh
    Free Member

Sold a laptop to Italy via ebay once, never again. Went missing after the first attempted delivery, then googled mail to Italy. The recipient was unbelievably quick and aggressive with the “it’s lost” emails. My guess is that the postie and he split the refund between them. Luckily I had it insured. Never again

dooosuk
    Free Member

Returned some jeans to Replay (who are based in Italy) after buying them online.

They claimed they never received them. Cue 6mth wait for refund whilst Royal Mail ‘investigate’. RM say delivered and then Replay suddenly cough up. Glad I insured them (even though it cost £15 to send them back).

stgeorge

About 7 days normally.

We send 5 or 6 packages a month to Italy, either plain airmail or “internationl signed for”, and never had a problem.

If its valuable send it UPS, only costs approx £20.00

Cheers

neninja
    Free Member

I ship a fair bit to Italy – usually about 5-7 working days for Airmail but has taken 6 weeks before.

Royal Mail no longer offer the Airsure service to Italy. I’m guessing because the Italian post service is so poor.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just got an email from the lady we sent it to and she got it today. Exactly a week to the day to get there. All good then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How long for a parcel to Italy via normal airmail’ is closed to new replies.