Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How long does it take to sort out retail property?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Selling our house and there’s been no confirmed dates yet. Today, we’ve been asked if we can complete on the 9th October. Is that even possible?

midlifecrashes

Sure, I’ve gone from spotting advert to getting keys in eight days before now.

Edit: Do you mean residential or retail? I’m talking about buying a flat.

drlex
    Free Member

Might come down to how quick the local authority are getting searches back or whether your purchaser is a cash buyer and prepared to dispense with such.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. The house sale is on course but we’ve got nowhere to go. How long does it typically take to get into a rented property?

missnotax
    Free Member

This is selling your house, right? In which case I think the searches / survey etc have been done, you are just waiting to exchange? If that’s the case then completely possible. However if that includes you purchasing the house you agreed to buy yesterday, then no chance!

I’m guessing not a great proposal for you though as you’ll be selling before you have anywhere to move into?!!

missnotax
    Free Member

Rented is easy – essentially you just need to pay your money :-/ Finding somewhere vacant might be tricky though, especially somewhere that’s ok for a short term rental (ie under 6 months).

Onzadog
    Free Member

Having a dog make finding rental harder as well. Our buyer is keen to get us out. We’ve nowhere to go.

drlex
    Free Member

Was almost in that position last year; luckily found an empty property and took the view that it was worth overpaying rather than the hassle and expense of rental and storage for all our gear. Any chance of getting your purchaser to delay completion for another month to give you a fighting chance of getting sorted?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Seems not. She’s been given some sort of ultimatum by her boss.

br
    Free Member

Rented is easy – essentially you just need to pay your money

Not from what I’ve seen lately, a load of compliance to go through.

midlifecrashes

How about a holiday let? So long as you pay full market rate for half term week at the end of the month, many landlords would be happy to cut a deal for a month or two occupancy.

missnotax
    Free Member

A friend of mine ended up renting a static caravan in a holiday park in a similar situation – not ideal, but worked for a couple of months 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How long does it take to sort out retail property?’ is closed to new replies.