Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • How long does Cokecola have left- do you drink it ?
  • docgeoffyjones

just waiting for the price of her book to drop on amazon

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/10/11/soda-politics.aspx

I stopped drinking it as i found it (the zero version) was not helping my weight loss.

kimbers

Shopping can take an age reading labels to see whats hidden in food.

Which is exactly why Cameron and he government were so wrong to bow to pressure from wealthy donors in the food industry when it came to manfatory traffic light labeling

https://www.foodwatch.org/en/what-we-do/news/the-new-british-traffic-light-label-a-case-of-foul-play/

nickc

Margarine was invented by a chemist trying to win a prize offered by Napoleon 3rd, who was after a cheap version of butter for his Army.

Essentially it’s the same emulsifying process as butter, just using vegetable oil* instead of animal fat, it’s neither worse or better for you than butter.

* originally it was made from tallow (beef fat)

Edit, Oh, sorry, yeah occasionally have a diet/Zero coke, or Diet Pepsi. Haven’t had a full fat one for ages.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Small Glass Bottle > Can > 500ml Bottle

butcher

I don’t understand why anyone would drink full sugar fizzy pop these days. I drink plenty of coke, but only the diet stuff. Quite aware of the negative press surrounding sweeteners, particularly aspartame. However, weighing up the reality, I’ll go for sweeteners. Otherwise I’d drink water.Full fat stuff just gives you a sticky gob and a big belly.

Cougar

It’s clearly, ahem, pop-ular. Look at your average service station fridge display, most of the time the vast majority of drinks are sugar-filled. You’re lucky to find much choice beyond unflavoured water and diet Coke.

batfink
    Free Member

They are really pushing the smaller cans over here in Aus at the moment – are you getting them in the UK too? They are the same width a one of the “fun size” cans, but as tall as the regular ones.

I think they have seen the writing on the wall (re: sugar taxes) and are trying to convince everyone that a “single serving” of coke is less than a full size can. Then they’ll no doubt lobby (bribe) to make any legislation related to total sugar per serving, rather than sugar per ml.

Its all about the Mexicans

tomhoward

Hora, since age 7 (I’m about to turn 31) so I don’t remember. Keep in mind that type 1 diabetes has nothing to do with diet pre diagnosis.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

How long does Cokecola have left

it says on the base of the can

do you drink it?

I believe so.

hammerite
    Free Member

I drink a lot of coke and I like it. Even though I know it’s not great for me. When I say a lot, I have a can a day during the week and possibly a 500ml bottle each day at the weekend. The only other drinks I usually have are water and the ocassional beer, so I don’t feel too bad about it.

I also love chocolate.

I will feel a bit of a fraud teaching kids during our healthy eating day at school next week!

hora
    Free Member

Cheers for rhe link batfink. Sad and interesting read http://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/nov/03/obese-soda-sugar-tax-mexico

theotherjonv

Consumer science is the bane of my life. I work in a different industry but practically every day I’m having to deal with enquiries like the ones being discussed above. The trouble is that anyone with access to a computer and the internet can pick up on a ‘trend’, blog it to their followers, get it retweeted or picked up elsewhere…. and it’s massively out there. I still think most is well intentioned but also, some is quite deliberately mischief causing – but has to be ‘taken seriously’ the same.

Aspartame causes cancer; sunscreens cause DNA damage; baby milk causes obesity…… there’s dozens of them out there.

Don’t misunderstand, scepticism can be good. The trouble is that the nay-sayers are not subject to the same reviews as ‘proper’ scientists, and can broadly say what they like on the back of flimsy, old, discredited papers. And when challenged by proper science have the magic bullet of ‘well they would say that, wouldn’t they?’

Be sceptical, do your own reading if you are concerned but form a balanced opinion, not one based on who’s shouting the loudest.

Cougar

When reading sensationalist articles on the Internet, I find a useful approach is to treat every day as if it’s the First of April.

globalti
    Free Member

Today’s news: Pepsi and Coca-Cola are giving up the fight and will join forces. The first joint advertising slogan will be: “Be Sociable, Have a Poke!”

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘How long does Cokecola have left- do you drink it ?’ is closed to new replies.