Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How long does a caravan live for
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

You know, before it’s old and full of damp?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Our current one is 10 years old, its fine. Before that we had one that was 15+ years old. Just depends how well it’s maintained and checked.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

If it can last 10 years, then I’ll be happy.

Thanks

Joxster
    Free Member

Also if it’s a static caravan the site may only let you keep it for seven years before getting you to upgrade.

jimster
    Free Member

Mobile – too bleeding long. 👿

sofatester
    Free Member

TOO LONG!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It’s a tourer, Me and Mrs OxO been looking at some today.

sofatester
    Free Member

You mean she is looking, you are being dragged along? Please tell me your not seriously thinking of buying one?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Hell yeah!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Generally they’ll last around 20 years. After that the only people who will insure appear to be the Caravan Club.

Seals and mastic start to go at 15 years + but there are plenty of fix it websites out there and modern materials make them an easy repair. I bought ours as a ‘spares or repairs’ 1991 Fleetwood Garland all the gear and a giant awning with a leaking window (did the repair myself – £40) Cost was only £700 for a caravan I could now flog for £1500 at least.

If your looking to buy an older one look take a cheap damp meter along and have a good prod around – window seals are a favourite spot, as is wheel arches and around the awning rail.

If you need anymore help let me know.

BTW contrary to popular believe they’re a good holiday especially for the little Huns. Why bother with a tent and buy all the crap to go with it when you can get vfm like that?

TS

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Well thats the situation we’re in. We camped all last summer, just back from our second camping trip of the year, and being able to put the tent up AND take it down in the dry has been a revelation!

Anyway, Mrs Oxo is pregnant with our 2nd, and we’re thinking that we’d maybe like a caravan, probably won’t happen till next summer. We are looking at something brand new, but we want to make sure it’ll last us untill the kids don’t want to be our friends anymore, 10-15 years should do it easily.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How long does a caravan live for’ is closed to new replies.