Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How long do your trailstar compound tyres last?
  • manlikegregonabike
    Free Member

I have a Hansdamf on the rear and I have done around 100k on it in the last month or two from new and the edges of the nobs in the centre are noticeably decreasing in size at a scary rate. I mean it is a bit odd to expect a tyre to wear out so quickly but is this expected?

trusty

Trailstar magic mary on the front has been fine. However, I killed a Hans Dampf in less than 2 weeks in the Alps on the back and a rock razor in 2 months of local riding. Nobby Nic in trailstar seems to last a lot longer though, no idea why

Edit – these didn’t wear out, the tred simply fell apart

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 Hans Dampf tyres on the rear over the last couple of months, both have split open on rides in the lakes, with leaks big enough not to seal with my tubeless set up. Looking for an alternative now as I don’t trust them anymore. A shame as they perform well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trusty

The supergravity carcass is much better for rocky stuff. I’m still waiting for the Supergravity Nobby Nic

Rorschach
    Free Member

The nobs usually rip off long before they wear out.

1timmy1
    Free Member

My Mary on the front looks like it will loose the side nobs before it wears out, and I’m not even aggressive on corners. Never tried a Schwalbe on the rear.

manlikegregonabike
    Free Member

Wow this thread matches all my problems, my Magic Mary is looking really good but the back is on the brink of loosing nobs, got 3 solid punctures and had 4 walks of shame.

What would be a Maxxis equivalent, I run a 29er and there aren’t many tough options.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Supergravity Mary up front lasts 8-10 months, mixed surfaces but mainly mud and rock. Don’t use schwalbe on the rear for the reasons already listed, WTB or Spesh grid ftw.

rocketman
    Free Member

have done around 100k on it in the last month or two from new and the edges of the nobs in the centre are noticeably decreasing in size at a scary rate

Perfectly normal ime. Without going off on one, the edges of the tread blocks make a big difference to the performance and once they start rounding off the tyre is past its best. Whether that’s acceptable or not is up to you.

The Vertstar compounds are noticeably frazzled after every ride and I like to think it’s because I ride really hard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How long do your trailstar compound tyres last?’ is closed to new replies.