Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • How long do you spend on your bike per week?
  • andywarner
    Free Member

I struggle to get 4 in at the moment but should get better when the mornings get a bit lighter and the moors dry out a bit.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Struggling to get 4 in too. I tend to do a 3 hour ride at the weekend, and a short ride around the streets midweek. A long commute (not by bike) plus an upcoming wedding leaves little time for riding, so I'm definitely going to be at the back come the first race in a fortnight. :s

jedi

i try to ride at least every day 🙂

scotabroad

Want to do about 6-8 but only getting the 2hr ride on sunday in at mo 😐

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

try to ride a bike every day, but varys massively as to the amount of time – might be a 10 minute folding bike spin across london, or longer XC ride. either way, it's time on a bike, and it's all good

nosemineb
    Free Member

I average 10 hours plus running. Its mainly a commute though although this week is 14 after doing the stw ride last sunday! Having a rest today 8)
    Hope to ride Dalby tomorrow

andywarner
    Free Member

i'm gonna have a look up dalby tomorrow as well. i usually get 2 hours in on a sunday morning and 1-2 hours on a thursday night. gonna try and get a morning ride on a weekday soon as well when the weather/light picks up. i'd love to bike to work but it's 25 miles away on a busy rural A road.

_tom_
    Free Member

I ride the local jumps for about half an hour to an hour most mornings depending what the weather is like and depending how long I can be bothered to ride for.

tron
    Free Member

3 hours on a Sunday morning, with a few short exercise bike sessions during the week. The exercise bike sessions are all out intervals for 20 minutes or so with the aim of improving my Sunday morning ride. And because I get easily bored in the gym.

GW
    Free Member

ride a bike most days but honestly don't care how long for, long enough I suppose. 😉

Keva
    Free Member

varies from week to week but usually something like

45-mins – 1hr Mon-Thurs
    +/- 2hrs Friday
    2 or more Sunday

pinches
    Free Member

roughly about an hour each day on the commute, but not much off road at the moment

Tracker1972
    Free Member

About 30% of what I am aiming for and about 20% of what I would like. About 2 hours on the regular weekly ride is all currently. Roll on commuting (well, me geting my act together for some commuting)…

naokfreek
    Free Member

about 50 hours av!!

radoggair
    Free Member

erm, alot .

Think in the region of 26 hours, maybe more, sometimes a little less.

This makes up of 2 hours commuting, 2 x 4 hour night rides ( sometimes more ), and 2 x 4 hour day off rides.

When weather improves and this f'in illness pi55e5 off i'm hoping for 3 night rides per week and 4 – 8 hour rides on days off, so anywhere over 35 hours

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

radoggair – Member
    erm, alot .

Think in the region of 26 hours, maybe more, sometimes a little less.

This makes up of 2 hours commuting, 2 x 4 hour night rides ( sometimes more ), and 2 x 4 hour day off rides.

When weather improves and this f'in illness pi55e5 off i'm hoping for 3 night rides per week and 4 – 8 hour rides on days off, so anywhere over 35 hours

haha do you do anything else??

Candodavid
    Free Member

3hrs on a Thursday
    6 hours on a Sunday
    Commuting again 3 times a week for 3 hours per day

daveb
    Free Member

Commute most days which the return trip of about 1 hr 20 mins, sometimes extend it to a couple of hours. Mountain bike up to about 5 hours a week.

I would guess at about 12 hours a week, rising to about 16 hours when I have my week off from the kids.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Need to pull my finger out!! 😕

andywarner
    Free Member

****!!! some people spend more time riding than i spend working! you own guiding companies right?

radoggair
    Free Member

****!!! some people spend more time riding than i spend working! you own guiding companies right?

Part timer?

I feel the biggest thing i've ever done is buy a road bike. O.k, there's off road trails 5 mins from my doorstep that i can stay on and not repeat any for 3 hours but most times i just feel like heading out on the road which is alot easier and more importantly cleaner ( and lighter, just a bottle, a pump, a tube and a tyre lever). Its the same as going to the gym, the hardest part is getting ready because your body cant be arsed and your mind is saying relax and watch tv but once your out your commited and its fine.

Its also quite a mind over matter thing. I would guess alot of people on here ( apart from the unemployed club), work quite long hours or/and have kids so fitting in time for it can be generally quite hard. Its sometimes pushing yourself to go out at any time that can be the difference. I have 3 different shift times, either a 6:30-15:30(early), a 15:30 – 12:30ish(late) or a 10:00 – 17:00(on) so generally my commute can start anytime from 5:30 in the morning and can be returning from work at 1am or sometimes 2am depending on business. Adding in my 3 or 4 gym sessions a week then i can be out at 8pm for a night ride ( been known to head out midnight ) or might go out at 9am if i'm on a late.
    Main thing for me was to keep a good base fitness over winter and always commute, and now summer is just round the corner then with the added warmth and lighter nights then less clothing and more night rides will make it easier

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘How long do you spend on your bike per week?’ is closed to new replies.