Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 240 total)
  • How long do you keep your trousers on for?
  • LHS
    Free Member

I have not said that you smell, in fact if you read the post i said that you should not judge based on smell.

It’s minging wearing a shirt for more than 1 day, its common etiquette,

You are out in public rubbing up against, sitting on, leaning against, eating, drinking, visiting restrooms, out in pollution, rubbing against you skin for a whole day, sweating in… the list goes on. Take into account that pretty much anyone with any sense of fashion would also suggest that its a 100% no-no too.

Its common etiquette, as most people on here have said too. Please, for the sake of your friends, colleagues and the general public, change your shirts more.

How difficult is it to wash and iron 5 workshirts a week? In fact most dry cleaners will provide this service for you – “5 shirts washed and ironed for £X. Wonder why they choose 5!? Oh, because you should wear a clean one everyday!!!

Minging.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Taking this one step further…

Folks that drink too much coffee, you do realise that the stink of coffee comes out in yer sweat don’t you?

Bit like smoking.

Rancid.

Ewe.

I used to sit next to a girl who had very sweaty feet, would insist on wearing silly high heels and tights and by say about 10am her feet would honk sooo bad it became neigh on impossible to talk to her.. Eventually it plucked up the courage and broached the subject with her and she was so embarrassed at the situation she apologised and took care of it.

Maybe a polite “Oi stinky, go wash” is all you need. 😉

spawnofyorkshire

How difficult is it to wash and iron 5 workshirts a week?

Iron?

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’m impressed how he saw through my cunning ruse of truth telling.

FWIW, shop always cold, only wear a shirt, not wild on jumpers over a shirt, and hate jackets, shop always cold. Not just saying that, it is always cold. Deep thick walled stone building on the shady side o the street, very well ventilated by the age old technique of poorly fitting doors and windows. So much so in winter the back room functions as a fridge. But even when I worked in the city, on all but the heat wave days, shirt for 2 days. If it wore a jacket then no way, its why I hate them, they just soak armpits, there’s nothing else like it, why would you wear one from choice, it bends my mind, all people who wear jackets are therefore dirty stinky mingers. It can only be so.

unklehomered
    Free Member

How difficult is it to […] iron 5 workshirts a week?

It’s not difficult, its just really really boring and a massive pain in the arse.

In fact most dry cleaners will provide this service for you – “5 shirts washed and ironed for £X

😆 😆 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

t’s minging wearing a shirt for more than 1 day, its common etiquette,

Repeating this wont make it a fact

You are out in public rubbing up against, sitting on, leaning against,

We are not all into frotting as much as you seem to be 😉

Take into account that pretty much anyone with any sense of fashion would also suggest that its a 100% no-no too.

Oh FFS you are trolling aren’t you…please say you are

Oh in that case yes if it is my sisters jeans and I am on the fixie I change every day

Its common etiquette, as most people on here have said too.

No you said etiquette and the poll seems fairly mixed but I think you are in the minoirty tbh

Please, for the sake of your friends, colleagues and the general public, change your shirts more.

Oh FFS If i worked in heavy industry, down the pit , on a farm or other strenous activity then yes i would

I wont do it because it offends your sense of fashion or etiquette

You seem borderline OCD tbh on this given your “fears”

zokes
    Free Member

No amount of excess quoting will hide the fact that you’re, erm, a bit wiffy, Junky 😉

LHS
    Free Member

LOL

Dude, i’m not going to argue with you. You keep on-going, just glad i don’t have to be near you.

Minging.

DezB
    Free Member

You are out in public rubbing up against, sitting on, leaning against, eating, drinking, visiting restrooms, out in pollution, rubbing against you skin for a whole day, sweating in

You are.
    Mostly, I ride my bike in. Rest, shower. Add deodorant. Put on shirt over clean, non-covered-in-stale-sweat-unlike-your-good-self body. Sit on my arse for about 7 hours. Hang (still sweet smelling, pretty much clean) shirt. Ride home.

Its common etiquette, as most people on here have said too. Please, for the sake of your friends, colleagues and the general public, change your shirts more.

No

unklehomered
    Free Member

What LHS doesn’t realise is I actually queue up behind him at the sandwich shop most days, I know he thinks its a bit jostly, but in reality, I’m just having a little rub when I think I can get away with it. You know that guy that stands too close and breathes in your ear? Yup, me, in a 2+ day old shirt. I actually only wear 2 day old shirts, ever.

jools182
    Free Member

I broke a new personal record with jeans last month

Over 2 weeks, almost 3 🙂

everything else gets changed daily

Junkyard
    Free Member

No

[quote] amount [/quote]

of

[quote] excess [/quote]

quoting

will

hide

the

fact

that

[quote] you’re[/quote],

erm,

[quote]a[/quote]

bit

wiffy,

Junky

That would be the smell of me talking shit

pictonroad

jeans. months tbh… or until the baby pees on them, even then it’s a bit of a drag.

grum
    Free Member

You are out in public rubbing up against, sitting on, leaning against, eating, drinking, visiting restrooms, out in pollution, rubbing against you skin for a whole day, sweating in… the list goes on. Take into account that pretty much anyone with any sense of fashion would also suggest that its a 100% no-no too.

Jesus. The world must really be a terrifying place for you eh.

Just wondering, do you change your bed sheets every day as well? Or just shower twice a day?

zokes
    Free Member

visiting restrooms,

What are these mythical things our seppo friends whitter on about? They just seem like your common-or-garden bog to me.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

LHS I’m surprised you didn’t run a mile when I said I wore my socks for a week 😉

A friend of mine skied in a pair for a week – he could balance them vertically on his hand on the last morning when they came off the radiator!

LHS
    Free Member

What LHS doesn’t realise is I actually queue up behind him at the sandwich shop most days, I know he thinks its a bit jostly, but in reality, I’m just having a little rub when I think I can get away with it. You know that guy that stands too close and breathes in your ear? Yup, me, in a 2+ day old shirt. I actually only wear 2 day old shirts, ever.

I enjoy the rub, just not the smell.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Rest room sounds so much cleaner and with fewer germs

LHS
    Free Member

Bed sheets once a week, but then i don’t wear them out and about!!

unklehomered
    Free Member

On Beds, here I am quite picky, always bath/shower in the evenings and go to bed clean. The idea of going to bed dirty appalls me. How could you it? If after anight out or extreme laziness I do, its deff bed change the next day.

peterfile
    Free Member

Suit(s) trews, dry cleaned every 3 wears,

You’re suits must look like shit 🙂

Seriously, they don’t need dry cleaned every 3 wears, it’s wool. Plus, dry cleaning is destructive, suits suffer.

Do it as infrequently as possible.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Wasn’t it DrP that started a thread about whether he could be bothered to wash before bed once – he was covered in mud 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

Jeans – once a month.

T-shirt – Summer time everyday, winter time 2 – 3 days as “base” layer.

Shirt – once a week during winter (does not smell due to base layer but then the collar get stain)& 2 days max in Summer.

😆

LHS
    Free Member

Shirt – once a week during winter

holy **** REALLY?

binners

Well this issue certainly seems to have become quite polarised. It reminds me a bit of

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4wBLUBa8YI[/video]

You can’t beat a bit of OCD 😀

iainc

back onto the dry cleaning and suits. I wear a suit every day to work, rotate between about 3 of them and they each get cleaned maybe twice a year. So i reckon thats about 2 months of ‘wear’ , minus holidays, dress down fridays etc, so maybe 6 weeks. Maybe I’m a minger 🙂

cardiac
    Free Member

I don’t own any jeans. My corduroys are washed when either soiled or smelly. My breeks are also the same. I like to handwash my shirts after every wear though.

grum
    Free Member

Bed sheets once a week, but then i don’t wear them out and about!!

But you’re out and about all day rubbing yourself against stuff, then you lay in bed all night sweating and rubbing on your bed sheets.

Found out.

Minging.

peterfile
    Free Member

back onto the dry cleaning and suits. I wear a suit every day to work, rotate between about 3 of them and they each get cleaned maybe twice a year. So i reckon thats about 2 months of ‘wear’ , minus holidays, dress down fridays etc, so maybe 6 weeks. Maybe I’m a minger

Guidance suggests you keep it to a few times per year, so you’re about the recommended level 🙂

I do mine once a season, normally when I’m on holiday.

The chemicals they use are not good for your suit at all. You’d be better off buying a new suit every 6 months than spanking all that money on constant dry cleaning and looking like crap.

LHS
    Free Member

But you’re out and about all day rubbing yourself against stuff, then you lay in bed all night sweating and rubbing on your bed sheets.

Then I wake up in the morning and shower, put on a clean set of clothes like a normal human being, and go about my day.

In fact, not that you probably give a **** but I shower most evenings too as I normally go for a late night run with the dog.

MrsToast
    Free Member

A week like socks?

iainc

The chemicals they use are not good for your suit at all. You’d be better off buying a new suit every 6 months than spanking all that money on constant dry cleaning and looking like crap.

aye, and I always think they make the suit smell a bit too !

ditto on getting them cleaned when on hols, Christmas, Easter, Summer etc

Junkyard
    Free Member

I shower most evenings too

I was personally shocked to find out you shower twice a day

How many times do you wash your hands?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Well now that’s an interesting one Mrs Toast – IIRC the first time we see Mal he’s taking a leak, then he pushes the loo up into the wall, rinses his hands with water for a second and splashes it on his face!

peterfile
    Free Member

LHS
    Free Member

I was personally shocked to find out you shower twice a day

You were shocked to find out I shower after exercise!? Oh christ, no one start a thread asking how many times can you exercise before you need to shower, I’d dread to think what JY’s answer would be?

Minging.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Allright Jade, calm down. You don’t actually have to cuddle JY you know 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

You are having a proper froth and humour fail here aren’t you 🙄

FWIW i think you seem a bit concerned about clothes and rather lax about bed sheets. Given what happen in the bed with sweat and other bodily fluids I would be changing/washing those sheets more often
    I managed to say that without calling you some names
    I suspect a polite or rational conversation with you is unlikely on this issue

yours minger [ but in clean bed sheets]

peterfile
    Free Member

Given what happen in the bed with sweat and other bodily fluids I would be changing/washing those sheets more often

Remind me never to stay over at your gaff JY 😯 😉

binners

Now now you pair of mingers boys, lets calm down and look at some kittens. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 240 total)

The topic ‘How long do you keep your trousers on for?’ is closed to new replies.