Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • how long do Five Ten freerider soles last as casual shoes ?
  • iainc

….junior (14) has found a pair he wants, but not for wearing on the bike (he has a pair for that already). They are cheaper than his usual selection of trainer anyway, but wondering if the softish soles last at all ?

weeksy

2+ years up to now. Wear them 300+ days a year.

chiefgrooveguru

Biomechanically I’m not sure they’re a good idea as day to day shoes if you’re doing a lot of walking – the friction level between them and tarmac or concrete is unnaturally high and I can’t see it having a positive impact on gait.

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ve had a few pairs over the years of their casual/skate/urban shoes (Spitfire, etc). I wear the lining out way before the sole goes.

Where I live there’s a lot of flagstone paving and I find them great in the winter as the sole actually grips to wet stone. With chucks or walking boots it’s like walking on ice!

Kahurangi

I have an old pair (not freeriders) I wear off the bike.

The soles when clean are very grippy. I have a cheap rug I use as a mat coming out form the man cave and it sticks to the shoes 👿

They also leave marks on hard floors!

I have a pair of freeriders I wore as casual shoes when out travelling and I wore through the sole underneath the big toe quite quickly.

iainc

Useful, thanks, will say yes !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘how long do Five Ten freerider soles last as casual shoes ?’ is closed to new replies.