Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • How long before the grieving stops?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have just sold one of my toys (an Integra Type R) and suddenly I feel very sad. They aren’t even collecting it until Sunday but the feeling of gloom is there.

Have any of you sold stuff that you needed to sell but caused great grief?

DrP

Do they know:
    a – you drove it
    b – the engine blew up

???? 😉

DrP

LoCo
    Free Member

Resist the temptation to take it ‘for one last blat’!
    Had a similar feeling when scrapped one of my old BMWs as had had it so long and so many adventures in it, errr that isn’t a dodgy as it sounds 😕

Haze

I welled up when I handed over my SL 1210’s a few years ago.

I often wonder where they are now, and if I did the right thing.

HTH.

vinnyeh

Did you end up fixing the engine yourself?

Northwind

I didn’t care at all when I sold my first motorbike but when I bumped into the new owner and she told me it’d been written off I was absolutely gutted. And I didn’t even like it!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You were only going to kill yourself or someone else with it anyway one of these days, so it’s a good thing really. Quite frankly you’re an idiot, and shouldn’t be allowed to have such dangerous things. Your wife and family agree with me.

Jamie
    Free Member

I often wonder where they are now, and if I did the right thing.

Someone is playing happy hardcore on them and they cry themselves to sleep every night 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I sold my soul for rock n roll and don’t regret it at all.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yep, a 67 Mustang Convertible. I still miss driving it and the sound of the engine. A Mondeo Estate doesn’t quite fill the gap.

GW
    Free Member

Northwind just reminded me of something, many years ago I helped out a wee guy just getting into DH by giving him my old frame and some parts, he cased a massive dirtjump and snapped it within a couple of weeks.. I was gutted at first but very quickly saw the funny side. 😆

it’s just a bike/car/motorcycle/woman.. there are plenty more to try 😉

McHamish
    Free Member

A friend of mine took his car for one last spin once…ruined the gear box and only 3rd and reverse worked. Had to take £1k off for the guy when he came to collect it!

After selling her first car to a youf, my wife saw it by the side of the road a few weeks later all smashed to bits…she got a bit upset.

Although she also got upset when I took her 15 yr old family TV to the tip and left it with all the other abandoned TVs.

Grimy
    Free Member

I was gutted to see my last car go. I had cherished it from new for 7 years. Really looked after it and serviced regually. It didnt have a scratch on it, and had been bomb proof, but bikes and lifestyle ment a coupe was no longer practical.

I soon forgot it when the new estate came. Practical, but not tooo practical 😈 2.8 V6 petrol with VVT and a Twin scroll Turbo. Still ride to work though! 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

Will you not be filling the spot it leaves on the driveway?~
    Did you ebay it in the end?

ourmaninthenorth

I get really attached to stuff, even though I hate having it all hanging round my neck.

I own six bikes and, while I could really rationalise that down to three (or four, if I kept the track bike and rode it again), the idea of moving on (1) my old Lavadome that I bought aged 16 or (2) the road bike that Mrs North bought me and which has covered thousands of miles with me, is almost too much to contemplate.

I felt sad when we sold our MX-5 earlier this year, as it too held so many fun memories. Given that two seats was soon not to be enough, it stands as all the more important as a marker pre-kids.

Sell it, but cherish the memories.

Haze

Jamie – Member
    Someone is playing happy hardcore on them

I know they went to a good home, but that possibility now is like a knife to the heart 🙁

anjs
    Free Member

Well my SLK is off in 3 weeks so I know the feelin

DezB
    Free Member

Sold a bunch of records when I was a teenager and needed some cash. Regretted it ever since. Can still remember handing them over…

Never been emotionally attached to a car though.

skiboy
    Free Member

I was gutted when I sold my civic type R In 2004, I had got it new in 2002 and only
    Done 14k in it, the young man who I sold it to managed to cheer me up with
    12700 in cash 🙂 dont know what happened to it but I should imagine it got wrote off
    Judging by the way he left the drive,

I

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Still regret p/exing my P7, hurt like hell when I sold my mk2 scirroco storm (didn’t help that the ex army landie I picked up a few hours later was a heap of s*** even if it was better suited to Kenyan roads!).

Jamie
    Free Member

I know they went to a good home, but that possibility now is like a knife to the heart

If you are really quiet, and the wind is blowing in the right direction, you can hear the faint muted direct drive motor humming away….it almost sounds like the word “whhhhhhhhhhhy?”.

…but that is nonsense. Right?

skiboy
    Free Member

how weird oldgrump08, that what i purchased after i sold my civic R, i 110 FFR ex signals landy !!,

now thats going up for sale next month after 6 yrs and i will be gutted, but the defender county im going to but next will blunt the grief

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Fancy a game of guess whO?

Did you use to be a roadie? (for a band)
    Do you consider yourself a free thinker / activist?

Are you Tommy Saxondale?

No offence meant.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

skiboy – there’s a coincidence, mine was an ex sigs 109. A brute of a thing with ‘uprated’ springs for the batteries which meant it was higher than standard and leapt from pothole to pothole with no discernible give! Had fun driving it round London for a few weeks though, taxi drivers steered well clear of the overiders made from girders. Managed to jam the roof rack against the ceiling of Sainsburys car park in Balham, and filling up got a few stares as I removed the front seat squabs and pulled up the filler neck from under them!

skiboy
    Free Member

oldgrump hehe,

loved driving mine around too, nobody pulls out in front of an mod landy and it was always given right of way at the roundabouts.

mine too has the high back end with uprated springs to take the extra weight of the batteries,

once got a real military convoy try and flag me down on the A34 as they thought i was going the wrong way,
    be sad to see it go.

ho hum, think i will buy a lightweight when i get the spare

PiknMix
    Free Member

its only a teg you will get over it 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

When I sold my EG6 Civic VTi I was gutted to say the least, I’d spent so many hours working on the car with help from my mates.

Got a full cover feature in Banzai Magazine too, which shocked me to say the least, i was expecting maybe a 5 pager, not 9 pages, the cover, a poster and a Wallpaper downloadable from their site ever since!

The lad that gave me £5.5k for it, never test drove it, just turned up gave me the money and headed off, he then tried to sell it again for a profit within about 3 days on all the honda forums – didn’t succeed, so he broke it for parts 😥 🙁 😈

The pain will go, but you’ll always want another

cinnamon_girl

C’mon WCA! You’re bound to be getting something equally nice to replace it. 🙂

Actually, I’m mourning the sale of my Cotic Soul frame. Really missing her workhorse-like manner. Totally dependable and think I will always regret that decision. 🙁

yossarian
    Free Member

Regret to this day the sale of my kona explosif 853 frame. I’ve sold a hustler and a soul since then without a pang despite both being great bikes. The kona was something else though. . .

Coyote
    Free Member

Still kicking myself over selling my old Kona Stinky. Why, oh why, oh why, oh why did I let it go? Oh yeah. Dickhead that’s why.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Was gutted when I part ex’ed my 54 plate civic type R for a seat leon TDI.Only lasted a week before I got it chipped up to 170bhp.(Still wasn’t the same though :cry:).The civic was cleaned inside and out every week without fail.The seat on the other hand has been washed maybe a dozen times in 18 months.Still,better to have loved and lost than never loved at all. 🙂

GW
    Free Member

The seat on the other hand has been washed maybe a dozen times in 18 months.

Dogging I presume? 😉

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I was gutted when I took my old Astra down the scrappy. It had been vandalised and needed some other major repairs. I got a puncture on the way to the scrap yard and just kept on driving it. By the time I got there I had no tyre left and arrived with a clankity clank with it all smashed up it was a sad sight. Everyone at the scrappies had a good laugh though.

dans160
    Free Member

I was quite upset when I dismantled my Tracer VP to sell the frame. My Wife didn’t understand. And I’m afraid to say the bike and everything else would go first.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i used to buy and sell old pugs, 106 rallyes and 205’s etc—

id rebuild them, engine, gbox resprays and sell them on for a great profit and all of them were stamped from my personal stamp 😉

was always hard to part with all of them…. but i got a folder of every one of them a before and after. havent rebuilt one in 3 years and still got all them hehehe

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘How long before the grieving stops?’ is closed to new replies.