Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How long before I'm back riding (broken scapula and 2 ribs)?
  • jonnyrockymountain

I came of the bike on Sunday and broke my scapula and 2 ribs, already **ssed of and frustrated, any one else had these type injuries? If so how long before back on bike?

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Ive done shoulder blades and ribs but not at the same time. You have my sympathies. Both took a long 4 weeks to heal. Ribs were the worst – every sneeze was a new experience in pain.

bentandbroken

My Scapula took about 2 weeks to be comfy and 4 weeks for full mobility. I stayed off the bike for 6 weeks as per doctors instructions

Ribs on the other hand, months of pain and easy to re break before they are truly set 🙁

jonnyrockymountain

Cheers guys
    The pain I’m currently experiencing is not gonna go quickly then?
    And coughing and sneezing that’s another level of pain?

jairaj

I’ve had cracked ribs and took about a month to heal. Had a few broken bones and ignoring the ones with complications took around 6 weeks to heal and get riding again and a few more weeks for full strength and mobility to come back.

downhilldave

How long since was the accident? The pain from ribs when sneezing 😯 👿 It’s a month since I did mine,they get worse before they get better.Broke a finger in two places earlier this year, tried to ride after three weeks but took six in the end starting out very cautiously. Depends on your pain threshold, the doc said I couldn’t do do any more damage so I gave it a go. See how you feel 😆

jonnyrockymountain

Sunday (4 days ago)
    A month in downhilldave ? How’s the pain now? Also can you cough yet without thinking your chest will explode?

downhilldave

Still sore but riding.Took me two weeks before a gentle ride but knew about it afterwards.Hurt my foot as well/motorcycle accident this time.Sneezing was worse than coughing for me.Rode tuesday night/out Saturday local then Gunnerside Gill next Saturday.Hope it’s not the same for you but my ribs were worse 😕 after week two when sneezing and coughing. The finger is still sore seven months in.

xc-steve
    Free Member

If the ribs are the lower ones which flex then boo had that right at the start of a planned peak in this years training/racing. Basically didn’t get back to my previous form. However was back on the bike within 2 weeks but should probably have left it 3 and would have been on it sooner.

The ribs hurt, then dull away then as they start repairing really really hurt along with sharp pains when you breath or say go over a bump on the road bike then all of a sudden they’re back to normal. Just listen to your body. Sounds like both your wrist and ribs will sync together so should probably be back in action within a month. (I commuted within 3 days mind but really shouldn’t have).

rondo101
    Free Member

I broke my ribs & damaged abdominal muscles about 8 weeks ago & they’re only just getting back to normal. Second week was the worst for pain (my wife had to pull up out of bed as trying to sit up felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest), noticible improvement after 4 weeks. Co-codamol prescription from the docs helped.

I continued to commute throughout. Haven’t been back on the mtb, but only as the weather’s been rubbish the last few weeks. Restarted gym work 2.5 weeks ago with only minor aching afterwards.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How long before I'm back riding (broken scapula and 2 ribs)?’ is closed to new replies.