Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How long before I have to have wheels retuned?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Hopes/crests, 18 months old, average of 25miles per week, standard uk trail.

Still feel fine to ride on, should I be aware of getting them looked at anytime soon?

aracer
    Free Member

er, when they need tuning, whatever you mean by that. If you mean tweaking the spokes to make them round, then when they aren’t round any more. If it helps at all I have wheels which are over a decade old which haven’t been touched since they were first built.

tacopowell
    Free Member

er, when they need tuning, whatever you mean by that. If you mean tweaking the spokes to make them round, then when they aren’t round any more. If it helps at all I have wheels which are over a decade old which haven’t been touched since they were first built.

Yeah, that kinda answers my question,

I suppose a set of decent hand built wheels will outlast factory built wheels?

aracer
    Free Member

Depends how well built the factory wheels were.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Yes very very True pardon the pun have a set of Hope XC hubs on X729 rims built by a mate in Cheltenham cycles 8 years ago been well used think they have only been looked at once maybe not! cant remember thats how good they are.Your soon know when they are out by spinning them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How long before I have to have wheels retuned?’ is closed to new replies.