Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How long before i go ridding after whiplash injury?
  • badllama
    Free Member

Right got shunted up the arse the other day (in my van) 8O, in hands of insurance etc at present neck really sore headaches etc……..

So how long now before I can ride rough stuff again?Any one any experience of this how long did you wait?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Depends whether you are pursuing a personal injury claim 😉

Edit: similar thing happened to me last year, headache and sore neck passed after a day or two and I was back riding in a week. It was a fairly minor shunt though. May be worth getting some professional advice if you are worried.

badllama
    Free Member

Cheers I’m off to the Doc’s on Monday (1st place they had availble 🙁 ) will speak to him the only thing is I don’t think they understand what we actually do on the bike half the time 🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

Just show them footage from the Red Bull Rampage, that’ll help get the point across 😉

Kryton57

I’d say as soon as you’ve bought a new bike from the payout you’ve claimed for 😉

badllama
    Free Member

LOL it will be a new van first it was quiet a hit 😯

thomthumb
    Free Member

when it’s not painful.

for me (knocked of bike so maybe different) it was ~ 2 months until i could do a proper ride and 6-8 months until i could commute 4 days + ride twice a week as before.

2 years later and i still have pain if i do certain things for extended periods.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Isn’t whiplash one of those conditions that’s unique to Britain?
    Like the French suffer from heavy legs, we get whiplash?
    No disrespect to the OP intended though, you might have fractured some vertbrae for all I know about the subject.

Coyote
    Free Member

If you have suffered genuine injury then you should claim. If you do claim it helps enormously if you can demonstrate an effect on your activities. Time off the bike counts. Also, whiplash is a strange injury. Do NOT rush back into training.

badllama
    Free Member

Cheers guys yup its genuine no ambulance chasing here, it was a big hit wrote off my van and I’m suffering pretty badly with it.
    I’m more pi$$ off with the time i’ll have to have off the bike than the van TBH. 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How long before i go ridding after whiplash injury?’ is closed to new replies.