Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How long before filter coffee goes off?
  • marcus7
    Free Member

I know there are some coffee experts here so…. I acquired a Philips duo coffee machine which was brand new in the box ( i even had to put a plug on it!). It comes with some sample coffee but there is no date on the pack, however the guarantee says it was made in 1976 so the coffee is around 41 years old, as I say there is no date on the coffee and so i guess it will be ok. Just wondering if anyone has experience of “older” coffee…

captaindanger

lol! I try to finish any in a few months, after that it loses taste. I’d probably not want 41 year old coffee. Maybe it can go to a museum?

Cougar

It’ll be reight. It’s vacuum-packed, yes?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    marcus7
    Free Member

It’s Lyons original blend ( made in Great Britain… So it should be fine… I’m going to open it now…..

survivor

Bloke on YouTube tests old army food. Some from WW2. Give it a go what’s the worst that can happen!

marcus7
    Free Member

Just tried it…. Not the worst I’ve tasted….. A bit like coffee filtered through wet cardboard….

curto80
    Free Member

Ahh, you gave up and went to Starbucks then?

convert

i even had to put a plug on it!

I’d completely forgotten about that. Why was that even a thing? Easy import/exporting maybe.

You’d never have another plug in the house and spend ages working out what your least favourite/useful thing you owned was to rob a plug off.

Was fully expecting the collective answer to be measured in seconds – standards are slipping.

marcus7
    Free Member

It’s funny you say that about the plug because i nicked it off something else!. It’s a proper 70’s machine, dark brown plastic and can be wall mounted!. Will try it with some pukka coffee soon and use it at work!!

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Why? Just why?

Filter machine coffee is rank at the best of times, let alone with 40 year old coffee!

MrSmith
    Free Member

It was stale when it left the factory, ground coffee starts to oxidise almost immediately and will taste stale. You can usually tell just by smelling it.

convert

It was stale when it left the factory, ground coffee starts to oxidise almost immediately and will taste stale. You can usually tell just by smelling it.

So glad normal service has been resumed 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How long before filter coffee goes off?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts