Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How little's it worth ? (airborne Ti cross frame)
  • scaredypants

Yeh, I hate these threads too 😳 However:

SUrplus to requirements, carpe diem Ti disc frame – barely used

Shouldn’t have bought it really; I’ll never race cx and if I’m off the mtb it’ll be road riding (I tried cx off road twice – no fun for me)

I have a road bike and when I start bike commuting (18 months or so) I’m planning to use an old mtb as frankenbike to reduce theft risk so the Ti frame won’t get ridden even then according to current plans

keeping this for if/when the road frame cracks seems a bit kack but I’ve a feeling that it’s not worth selling (even something cheap like a new P-X superlight would be 350 or so and I bet that’s all this is worth already so may as well keep it)

Anyone get through all that navel gazing and have an opinion left ??

druidh
    Free Member

Keep it and go touring.

scaredypants

won’t get to do that for ten bloody years 🙁

StirlingCrispin

If you think it’s worthless, then treat it that way.
    Remove the stickers and use it as the commuting frame – it’ll be perfect for that.

druidh
    Free Member

That’s a good plan. Just strip it and put some crappy stickers on it. Don’t polish it and it won’t attract attention.

scaredypants

If it had slutty dropouts I’d make a comedy ss/fixed winter road bike, but it doesn’t

It’s too nice for the commute. I’d rather keep it in the garage

I’ve already got the old mtb ready to go – nowt like preparing early 😳 I worry that “road” bikes look like sellable bikes. This thing is more of a shed and I can’t believe it’d attract anything other than scorn from thieves – it really looks like an old frame that’s been cobbled together into a BSO, oddly enough, but I think it’ll ride great.

The cx frame will/would make a lovely tourer I think, though rack mounts maybe an issue. May just wait & see what happens if/when I get to quit working

rOcKeTdOg

Depending on the size i’d give u 1/2 an apple, a button and some fluff from the vacuum bag

kcr
    Free Member

Carpe Diem makes an excellent commuting/touring bike. I used one Monday-Friday for about 9 years, plus winter training and a three month European cycle camping trip.
    Great frame, but I’ve just had to retire it after the down tube develped a terminal crack.
    I would definitely use it as a commuter instead of an old MTB. Let it get scuffed up and a bit dirty and it won’t look particularly flashy. If it’s a commuter you won’t want to bother with cleaning it all the time anyway.

scaredypants

kcr, did you fit a rack ?

kcr
    Free Member

Yes. I used a Tubus with spacers on the mounting bolts to clear the disc brake.

bol

Commuter with a big lock. But to answer your question, probably between £350 and £500 depending if the right person is out there. A month ago, if it had been my size, I would have been that person.

fatmax

What size?

fatmax

And a pic?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

If it’s 56cm (or maybe a 58, but I would need to check sizing) then we need to talk! 😉

Pics and details to gshort AT eatec DOT co DOT uk. Won’t be logged in again until Monday.

oldgit
    Free Member

Airborne aren’t big money spinners. My Zeppelin last year with a Chris King headset, SRAM Red chainset, SRAM Red ceramic bottom bracket cost me £350 and it’s immaculate.

Look nice de stickered.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run one as my trainer/commuter/winter bike, and have done for the last 6 years. Great frame – tough, comfy, supple, adaptable. I’d keep it! If you can find a secure place to store it then it’ll make a much better commuter than the MTB. I did 84 miles on mine yesterday…

I run mine with discs, 1×9, 28mm GP4Seasons, ‘guards. I even did an off/on road triathlon on it this summer.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How little's it worth ? (airborne Ti cross frame)’ is closed to new replies.