Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • how is wiggins doing then??
  • renton
    Free Member

i dont really understand how the placing gooes for the tdf so was just wondering how bradley wiggins is doing this year??

is he looking good ??

cheers
    steve

Edric64
    Free Member

17th not as good as last year and been dropped in the high mountains .Will probably pull some back in the timetrial and is targetting top ten .Still bloody good though.He did well to hang on in the mountains last year it really is where the tour is won and lost

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Considering the way he's been talked up, he's having a shocker.
    Been dropped on the climbs by plenty of riders he was beating last year.
    Even Brailsford has admitted they are now changing their focus to stage wins for Thomas, Fletcha and Boassen-Hagen as Wiggins is so far down in GC.

Jase
    Free Member

All talk beforehand was of him getting on the podium but he's turning out to be a top 20 rider.

I'd imagine he's going to lose more time in the mountains before making any up in the TT.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I think he's about seven minutes down at the moment.

All it takes is one crash though or a massive breakaway in the mountains.

Edric64
    Free Member

He is still their highest rider on gc and it's hard to see even on top form where he would win stages to as he is ok at most things and not brilliant at any

crazy-legs

The media have done what they always do with a British sports star. OK, maybe not the tabloid press but certainly the cycling mags and papers like The Guardian and The Times, bigging him up, "real podium contender", "possible Tour winner" etc and then when he fails to live up to those expectations (as was fairly inevitable) they shoot him down (or at least express disappointment and start searching for answers).

He was never going to win the Tour this year, he's put on a bloody good showing considering. Loads of pressure, a brand new team, a much tougher Tour than last years (more climbing, the cobbles on Stage 3, the hot weather has also played a part) and the fact that he's now a marked man – no one is going to let him get anywhere near a break. Two more years and he'll be up there again. I reckon the star of the future though is Geraint Thomas, he's done brilliantly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘how is wiggins doing then??’ is closed to new replies.