Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How interchangable are fox 32 lowers?
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

If i had a pair of Fox Forks from different years all 32mm, could i unite the best parts to creat a good pair? i know you can remove the Talas bits to make a float of sorts. Just wondering really.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

i guess we'll find out then

stew1982
    Free Member

I've swapped parts from different talas' and floats over – I believe the problems could be with vanillas (going from not too – if that makes sense)

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Yes, in most cases. the lowers are pretty much al the same length. The difference is in the length of the stanchions and carts / shafts of the internals.
    You wouldn't want to use 140mm stanchions with 100mm internals from different eras just in case the stanchions bottom out in the lowers and stick there or something else weird happens.
    Current 140mm forks will adjust down to 100mm though, so if the 2 donor forks are of similar length travel and you want to swap lowers or stanchions, it should be ok.
    Try them out by fitting them together before rebuilding the forks. set them at full compression and full extension to check the bushing overlap is right.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Thanks will do.

firestarter
    Free Member

yes 32 legs will swap. I was thinking of changing my talas for float so i looked into it. You can also convert air forks to coil but not the other way round. And once changed to coils you cant swap back to air .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How interchangable are fox 32 lowers?’ is closed to new replies.