Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How in the name of god did they do this?
  • al_f
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PACE-RC300-HARDTAIL-FRAME-EXTRAS_W0QQitemZ110496050530QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item19ba13ed62#ht_500wt_977

Check out the crack in the headtube… 😯 I've never seen the like! Could you do that hammering the headset in, or is it a strange bit of crash damage?

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Its hard to make out on the pic. Proper nice frame. I will be watching to see how much this makes. Too small for me. It can't fetch that much though can it?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I've only seen it once before, but not on a Pace & that had been caused by fitting a headset with a hammer & not being careful.

takisawa2

Looks like crash damage, some twonks landed front first.
    And I seriously doubt that could be fixed.

DezB
    Free Member

I've never seen the like!
    Yeah, how can someone put up such a completely out of focus photo? Price of film these days eh?

Pook

wonder if kaesae could sort it out

Jamie
    Free Member

wonder if kaesae could sort it out

Be better than new.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I would give him 70 for it, chainset worth 50 notes. I need a Middleburn too. For £20 I get a nice bit of MTB history to stick on the garage wall.

aracer
    Free Member

New head tube, then heat treat the frame?

-m-
    Free Member

then heat treat the frame

I suspect the carbon seat tube might go a bit… crispy…

cynic-al
    Free Member

i have rang PACE who assure me this can be fixed.

Aye right!

al_f
    Free Member

lol @ DezB

To be fair, Pace might have said it could be repaired: a few years ago when they still made stuff in-house a friend of mine cracked his RC200 at the bottom of the seat tube and they welded him a new seat tube in then reanodized the frame, so the new head-tube idea isn't totally off the wall. Don't know if they could do it now though as all their stuff's made abroad, isn't it? Maybe they have a small in-house welding setup for prototyping and could still renew the headtube…

sofatester
    Free Member

apart from the cracked headtube is in fantastic condition

😯

dangriff
    Free Member

I could weld that up. Add a bit of plate to the outside to stiffen it up, would be fine for a pub bike or commuter.

cookeaa

Worth buying for the cranks maybe, and look into the cost of salvaging the frame?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't see how a blurred shot of an Apollo space capsule helps…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How in the name of god did they do this?’ is closed to new replies.