Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How important is it to protect a dropper with a mudguard?
  • Jungli
    Free Member

So I have a KS Lev Integra and wondering if I am going to completely kill it if I don’t use a mudguard once the trails turn muddy.. I don’t actually use it that often and I am happy to give it a decent wipe down between rides etc.

Any advice?

Thanks, J

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Service it regularly and it’ll be fine

sq225917
    Free Member

Mine has a little cloak made of 2mm neoprene, ziptied top and bottom wrapped around from back of post with front left gaping like a Denim aftershave advert.

Haven’t serviced it in two years. Still sweat as a nut. Might be the UKs longest lived Reverb…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ironnigel
    Free Member

Will be nicking said neoprene idea Sir. Well done.

nickdavies

Oldest dropper has gotta be 4 years old now, never had a mudguard and is fine.
    2×2 yr old reverbs the same both done plenty of wet peaks & wales rides both immaculate. No different from forks and shocks really especially as they go up and down a hell of a lot less.

Just give it a wipe occasionally.

Tried the neoprene thing when they first came out and it just got crap stuck under it which dragged up as you raised and lowered it rather than just coming off on the seals. Would avoid myself.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Not important at all. Wipe mud off, bit of fork juice or similar round any seals if you like, pump down and up and good to go.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I bought a Dirt Flap – 50% to keep the (worst of the) mud off, 50% because it sounds a bit rude.

cakefacesmallblock

Put the seat into the highest position. Cut a piece of old inner tube to reach from top of saddle to just below seat post clamp.
    Zip tie one end under the clamp then the other to both saddle rails. Just cut tiny holes for the zip ties.
    Shouldn’t catch on wheel with dropper down and will keep all the crud off the post. Won’t actually touch the dropper so keeps it clean that way too.
    Been using this for two years now.

DickBarton

Never bothered myself…unsure there is a need to be honest.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Never bothered. And the only problems I’ve had is the standard ‘Reverb sag’. Just make sure you clean it properly after each ride.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How important is it to protect a dropper with a mudguard?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts