Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How i this possible?
  • stevewhyte
    Free Member

Weighed myself on Sat morning and was 15st 1.5 lbs

Weighed myself on Monday and was 15 st 5 lbs

Thats just not fair, takes me about 2 months to loose it and 2 days to put it on, the human body is shit.

Really put the brakes on me getting down to 14 st by start of April!!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

same here on a smaller scale – 10.6 stone before xmas now upto 10.9, ive been aiming to get low 10’s all year and its just not gonna happen, plus im having a chinese tonight 🙁 and no riding till monday!

druidh
    Free Member

I gain or lose 2-3 lbs over the course of a day. It’s mostly water.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I increase in pressure over the course of a day. It’s mostly wind. 😳

somouk
    Free Member

You shouldn’t take a daily weight to heart. Ideally you need to average it out over the week.

You will find certain habits you have eating and drinking will cause weight fluctuations as well as defication habits.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

You will lose that type of weight gain pretty quickly, although it is worth weighing yourself everyday to check that you are not gaining weight like this too often, which will then be hard to shift.

i.e. pig out one day, weigh yourself next morning and notice it, don’t pig out the next few days until you have lost it

OR

pig out several days of the week, weigh yourself at the end of the week and notice you have put a lot of weight on, and struggle to lose it

project
    Free Member

A scales is basicly operated by a giant spring, put it in the fridge for a while(as it will make the spring contract) and then weigh yourself, remember it may be cold on your feet.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Not sure that will work with the digital scales i have 🙂

I really need to get the finger out in the new year. No excuses.

GW
    Free Member

I increase in pressure over the course of a day. It’s mostly wind.

strange that it exits your body straight onto this internet forum 😕

rOcKeTdOg

I put 1/4 of a lb on over xmas 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

I have gone from 147lbs to 156lbs since Xmas day.

What can I say. I love food.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I lost nealy 3 kilos in a little under 12 hours…..granted that was in sick and poo but thats what food poisoning does for you I guess.24 hours later and my wee is still like treacle.
    Its good to share 😀

nacho
    Free Member

I put on 4 lbs since 23rd Dec. Went from 11st 6lb to 11st 10lb. So now I have to go out and cycle more to get rid of it 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

I weighed myself just before Christmas, I’ll not weigh myself again until the end if next week. What’s the point it will just be depressing. Should have burnt some of it off by the too.

globalti
    Free Member

Drink a couple of pints of Old Peculier tonight and tomorrow morning you’ll be couple of pounds lighter.

cheers_drive

I’ve put on 2.2kg in the past week 😯
    Not to bothered as Christmas is for pigging out and I know I can lose it riding and returning to a sensible diet

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just dont bother weighing yourself. I dont have any weighing scales so dont have a **** clue if Im fatter or thinner than at the start of christmas or the start of summer or whenever.

I’ve ridden my bike everyday since Christmas eve and I’ve eaten everyday since Christmas eve and I can still get into my jeans and I can still walk up the stairs without feeling feint so I guess my weight has stayed the same.

andy7t2
    Free Member

its not the food you eat between xmas and new year you need to worry about its the food between new year and xmas

speaker2animals

I always went on the received wisdom that you should weigh yourself no more than once a fortnight to see any real change. Body weight fluctuates far too much to make more regular measurements meaningful (and possibly counter productive as it could have a negative mental effect on you).

Taff
    Free Member

I’m the other way much to the annoyance of my mrs. I stopped riding for a period before xmas due to parties, shopping etc. Went from 10st6 to 11st. Awesome but it takes me several months normally bto gain a few pounds but it only takes a ride or two to lose it.

skywalker
    Free Member

I gain or lose 2-3 lbs over the course of a day. It’s mostly water.

Spot on

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I must have the most efficient body ever, takes me 8 months to loose 12 lbs and 2 days to put on 4 lbs!!!

If only it was the other way round!!!

takisawa2

Your weight loss needs to be gradual, over time. 1 – 2 pounds a week ideally, no more. Its about making small sustainable changes. Knee jerk dieting will see your metabolism react & slow down to preserve & unless your doing lots more exercise to counteract this, you’ll get peed off, have a beer/crisps binge & before you know it your further back than you started.

Coyote
    Free Member

its not the food you eat between xmas and new year you need to worry about its the food between new year and xmas

Here is wisdom.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How i this possible?’ is closed to new replies.