Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • How hilly is Delamere?
  • ton

in comparison to somewhere like dalby or llandegla.

montylikesbeer

apart from a few gulleys and sandstone outcrops Ton its as flat as a kipper (ahem) “what have you”

davedodd
    Free Member

There are a few short sharp ups, and the climb up to the mast is quite is quite long, but Llandegla has more elevation differences.

Great riding though, nice and muddy on last night’s outing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

dave, just the man
    will it be ok on a cx bike?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

If you want (boring) hills then the climb to the mast is your option. Twelve50 Bikes in Frodsham have a shop ride around there on Wed nights, call them on 01928 898011 and you can join in. If you’ve never been before it’s better to get a yocal to show you as the official trails are utter dross, the cheeky trails are awesome.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tony, you’ll be fine mate.. I’ll show you all the fun cheeky stuff fella..

binners

Flat as a witches tit Ton. Great fun though. Not ridden there in ages so I’m looking forward to the weekend 🙂

GRAEMEJONES

As per dd ^^^, but much more rain and they will be a right slippy tester.
    If you’re going on a CX bike, at least you wont be catching your bars on the tree’s 😀

curlie467
    Free Member

Yep, it was certainly more muddy than i thought it would be, the roots are interesting too and that isnt mentioning how overgrown places are with brambles and bracken.
    Love the place though and the singletrack is there by the tons.

lowey

Never been Ton. See you Sunday though mate.

stevemakin
    Free Member

is the cheertonup ride still on ?, is it Sat or Sun ?

ton

sunday Steve.
    hope you can make it.

davedodd
    Free Member

Tony,
    CX bike will be fine. Teeto knows the place well and will show you all the good stuff I’m sure. It’s a great place for a few hours riding. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn’t know where the good tracks are.
    Have fun on Sunday.
    Dave

tthew

Yeah, just to reiterate what I said on the other ton-ride thread, bring knee pads and elbow pads if you have them because of the brambles on the narrow bits. There was quite some girly shrieking last Saturday.

ton

and bring plenty of plasters, cos if i cut myself on the brambles, i may bleed to death with all the warfarin i am taking………. 😉

edhornby

the shrieking was the laughter from my repeated over the bar muppetry 😀 good riding in delamere – there is a big lip in the field behind the bike hire shop at the bottom of the mast hill, if you have a bouncy bike it would be impressive for getting air from

stevemakin
    Free Member

and bring plenty of plasters, cos if i cut myself on the brambles, i may bleed to death with all the warfarin i am taking……….

joking aside that could be an issue, my old man nearly bled to death when he fell off his mmotorbike and broke/cut his thumb, the daft bugger never eaven thought about the effect of that till the paramedic went white when dad told him his medical history :-/

stevemakin
    Free Member

BTW what time ?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

09:30 Steve…

IIRC?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Dave has just asked me to sing out about Delamere…

As Dave D pointed out, there are a couple of short sharp climbs to be found, but nothing major, the bulk of the riding is woody singletrack, with a(Tiny) bit of fire road thrown in to connect the best trails together.
    As for length of ride/ distance? its entirely up to everyone, I’d say, if you include the far side near Urchin’s Kitchen, and the wood over that side, you could have about 5hs worth of riding, or, you could have just an hour.- The perimeter trail is a decent blast out, straight from the off.

There are plenty of bail out routes- Johnny, I know you where talking about bringing the Kids- they will have no dramas at all, we took Richpips’ son Tom around, and he’s is 5(?)
    I think the best thing, is to work it out on the day, and if needs be split the group if its a big turn out?

Its all up to Ton(y) really- its his day afterall.. 🙂

There are 2 cafes and a brew waggon, so there’s plenty of time/ oppertunities for cake..

Bunnyhop

we took Richpips’ son Tom around, and he’s is 5(?)

I’ve had the pleasure of riding with young Tom and he’s rather good for his age 🙂

GRAEMEJONES

You could make it four cafe’s if you include Eddisbury Farm Shop (excellent apple pie ) and the one out the back of Primrose Woods, and also a Pub stop at The Carriers. 😛

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Oo, Good point Graeme.. 🙂

Like has been stated, if you’re expecting a sic to the power of rad ride, you’ll be disappointed, however, if you are after a spin through some of Cheshires’ finest woody singletrack, then, I reckon you’ll enjoy it..

Heres a couple of crappy iphone pics..

Not the best, but taken on a recent ride..

It’s far better than these make it look.. 😳

IMHO.

GRAEMEJONES

3rd pic down, can we go that way on Sunday? can we ? 😀
    It should make for some good photo’s on that section and the ones before and after it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ok cheers yes I am bringing the kids [6 & 4]they can ride but they have absolutely no mastery of the art of braking and I mean none !! so any hill is really a no go though the youngest will do it till he faces plants then cry whilst telling you he is doing the pain dance
    Suspect I will be bailing at some point with the kids – they have more food stops than me. Will bring some cakes as usual.

lipseal
    Free Member

I’m travelling from southport/formby area, will have room for one, let me know if anyone wants a lift.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘How hilly is Delamere?’ is closed to new replies.