Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How high have you had your heart beat.
  • JCornford

Following a conversation with someone on Saturday I was just wondering how high you have had your heart rate. I have had mine higher than I think I should have when I got it to 224bpm, it was a hard slog and everything went black and white, so I don't think I will push it that hard again.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Over 200, but not for a while 🙁
    Be lucky to hit 190 these days, but my resting is at 42 now.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

140 ish, but then my start point is low, at rest it's below 40.

JCornford

My resting is 56.

psychle
    Free Member

220-ish for me… I used to be able to sustain that for a good 5-10 minutes before it almost had me passing out, nowadays I'm struggling when I get anywhere near 200! I need to get fit again 🙁

resting rate still averages 45 odd though, which is nice 🙂

I think recovery rate is the better indicator of fitness isn't it?

ourmaninthenorth

189, racing on the track.

Rests at around 45.

And I'm very much not fit.

derek_starship
    Free Member

was a hard slog and everything went black and white, so I don't think I will push it that hard again.

So JC – if you go above 220 bpm, you travel back to the 1920s?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I can never be arsed to push mine further than about 180.
    resting is about 35-40 normally though, so I ain't worried.

Keva
    Free Member

I've never measured mine but there have been plenty of times when I've gone dizzy staggered around and vomited so I guess that must be higher than it's meant to go.

Kev

geetee1972
    Free Member

Used to be able to maintain 170 bpm for around 40 minutes with a max rate of around 210, but then I was competing at national level standard back then.

cp

max heart rate isn't really dictated by fitness – just a point at which your body make up can't go above. my max when tested 10 years ago was about 190 (I was 20). over time it goes down, again, nothing to do with fitness.

resting heart rate DOES change with fitness, the lower the fitter you are, but again, it's all relative to you, and not really comparable with others.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

we used to see how high we could push them at the gym when we were younger, used to be able to sustain 190bpm+ !!! Max I think was 234, which not only resulted in me blacking out, but soem serious chest pains! 😯

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How high have you had your heart beat.’ is closed to new replies.