Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How have I only just discovered Scarfolk….
  • DrP

Amazing!

I’m sure I’m late to the party, but at least I’m here!

And my favourite…

DrP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good, isn’t it?

See also, Framley Examiner.

bigjim

Scarfolk is rapidly becoming reality. There’s a book too.

DrP

On my brief reading, it seems teh book was ‘first’, then the website etc later??

Perhaps..

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

Marvellous!

I particularly like

teethgrinder

This one should ring a bell with one or two broflakes.

johndoh
    Free Member

Framley Examiner.

Used to love that.

To rent – space behind curtain, would suit a very small child (or something like that).

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of it, either. That lot above reminds me of TVGoHome, which was comedic genius.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ahh yes, TVGoHome – I’d forgotten about that one too 🙂

nedrapier

Love the Examiner. Classifieds and the property pages are brilliant.

FOR SALE: ORANGE BIGGER. Makes oranges bigger. Satumas 4ft, Sevilles 8ft. Also comes with Cheese Greater.

For Sale: Qualcast-Technics “Mix’n’Mow” DJ’s ride-on Lawn mower with 200W grass bins.

qwerty
    Free Member

choppersquad
    Free Member

I got excited then because I thought you were going to say “Why have I just discovered Scarfo”?
    Incidentally they did an excellent song in 1997 called Cosmonaut no.7.

pictonroad

They’re good but TVgohome will always be king. It’s still good after all these years.

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s still good after all these years.

It’s still true after all these years – the programme descriptions are often bang on the mark:

19/03/1999 7:00pm EastEnders – A soap opera so transparently fictitious it may as well be set on the $£&^ing moon.

Cougar

Wow, I had no idea TV Go Home was still going. I’m sure I used to read that in the 90s.

Cougar

Ah, it doesn’t look like it is – I think the last update was 2002.

mikey74
    Free Member

I think my favourite Tvgohome thing was:

“Spend a weekend of nihilistic screaming in a dark cave in Wales” (or something like that) 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Just finished reading the TV Go Home book cover to cover. It’s old, but contains so much relevant to today. Utterly brilliant.

(ooh, thats what everyone else said 😀 )

Cougar

It’s old, but contains so much relevant to today.

Seems that’s why it stopped.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1513423.stm

Sadly for TVGoHome readers, it could just be that it is becoming a victim of its own success. [Charlie] Brooker says the book and the TV series will mark the site’s swansong.

The problem, he says, is that some TV has become so bizarre, it’s pointless to try parodying it.

“Touch the Truck made the point for me,” he says, referring to the show in which contestants stood round a truck touching it for as long as possible, with the last one standing winning it. “I was seriously considering just copying the listing from the Radio Times and putting that on the site straight.

“And who would have thought you would have seen something like Banzai? I never thought I would have seen Pete Beale having his scrotum weighed on television.”

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How have I only just discovered Scarfolk….’ is closed to new replies.