Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How hard would it be to make a k edge thingy
  • RealMan
    Free Member

One of these?

They’re meant to be brilliant, but I’m thinking you could make one yourself for a lot less then £27.

z1ppy

Brilliant for what? Does you chain fall off regularly?

I’m interested in one of these though…

aP
    Free Member

They only work with braze on mechs.
    Do work well though.

handyman153
    Free Member

Token make exactly the same thing, but for £10.99 better value i think 🙂

Link – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=58049

ir_bandito
    Free Member

surely setting your front mech up correctly stops it dropping off? Am I missing something here?

And yes, you could make one yourself for less. By an offcut of all yplate from ebay or metalsupermarket. Get to work with a hacksaw and file (or milling machine if you have access)
    Anodising might be tricky though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I fancy one of the chain suck ones. They list wiggle as their importer but wiggle don’t list it as a product.

ir_bandito
    Free Member
    steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m liking the look of those anti-chain suck plates.

For some reason on my Helius the chain does fall off when descending over rough stuff some times and every once in a while I get a little bit of suck, especially when the chain gets very dry on long 4hr plus rides.

z1ppy

£57.46 from HiBike or £40 direct… not cheap either way.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought they were twenty five quid. Worth a go at that I thought. Shame they want silly money for them.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Tis a bit steep when you consider their installation instructions pretty much say “log onto the website and download the instructions”. 25 quid and they couldn’t even bother to print off a bit of paper to pop inside (yes, saving the planet blah blah).

Northwind

The chainsuck thing’s pretty new, so not fully at the market yet. I’ll not be buying one but I think I will be stealing the idea and modding a Stinger to do the same thing.

Kind of confused what the chain drop thing’s actually for, seems like a solution for a problem that shouldn’t exist. but ymmv of course.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How hard would it be to make a k edge thingy’ is closed to new replies.