Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • How happy are you with your hair?
  • binners

Just wondering, like.

I’m reasonably happy for a balding bloke. I’ve not shaved it for nearly a week, so I’m starting to look a bit like William Hague. But if I get really lazy and leave it for another week, I’ll look like Iain Duncan Smith. So all things considered, I’d say about a 6 or a 7

How about you? Tell me all about your hair, you gorgeous creatures

yetidave
    Free Member

😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a luxuriant full head of dark hair despite my advancing years. Read it and weep slapheads!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Balding but therefore lower maintenance: grade 2 all over every few weeks, although I ended up with the ‘légion étranger’ look last time after some ‘technical issues’ involving mrs wilson and the clippers. The girls at work liked it though, so about 7 at the moment.

emsz
    Free Member

Lush thanks, did a re-dye at the weekend so all good, and it actually behaved itself this morning so happy.

Maybe thinking fringe for the summer

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Turn the blow-dryer up to 11!

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

About a 7, up from a 5 last week when I accidentally #1ed it

willard

Reasonably… Can’t help wishing it would either make up its mind and go (so I could shave it) or stop receding slowly. I swear it’s taking its time just to annoy me.

It’s also going grey, but only at the temples, so it looks distinguished. Which is nice.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

5/10 a few years ago I’d have given myself a high 8/10 (9 if I was back off holiday and it had that ‘sun kissed’ look) but these days hy hair line is creeping back a little so I’m deducting 2 points. It’s getting harder to get that salon fresh look despite the £150 a month I’m spending on new products. I might start cycling with a helmet on if it drops to a 4/10 as I won’t mind then as much if it gets too messy.

Solo
    Free Member

Still got mine atop, none lost.

Going white now on the sides, with a white streak right on the parting.
    But thats just my head.

Getting the odd white hair in other places now too.

Oh well, time is time.

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve been working really hard on my hair this year. I guess I’d rate it at about 6 out of 10 at the moment, maybe 7 under low light, but I know that with a really potent conditioner and maybe some highlights it could be even better, maybe an 8 or even a 9.

I’m not obsessed with it in any way, but I’ve noticed that the hairs on the sides of my head are around 7-9 microns finer than the ones on the top and I’m aiming to use zoned conditioner and thickener application to even that out and hopefully get a lusher overall look.

I’m wondering what hair treatments folk on here are using. What I’m looking for is something that’ll give me additional shine and body, but without excessive glossiness, if that makes sense? I’m hoping that by the summer it’ll look a bit like Rick Astley in his prime instead of Basil Brush’s tail. How about a STW Hair Care Bunch regular topic so we can share tips and advice and offer mutual encouragement and sympathy if things don’t go to plan? Who’s in?

joao3v16
    Free Member

I don’t understand the point of hair.

All it seems to do is force us all to spend waste x minutes every day keeping it clean and tidy.

It’s like living with some kind of parasite.

I’d be grateful to be bald.

MSP

I have a full main of flowing locks, I am a lion of a man, hear me ROARRRRR!

Solo
    Free Member

Who’s in?

Thats a group best left in a number of one, imo.
    😉

Matt24k
    Free Member

Mine’s too thick at the back, too thin towards the front, too grey on the sides and experiencing a gravitational pull through my ears and nose.
    That said I am fairly happy with it. In the future, if funds allow, I may consider a Rooney style cut and paste.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I look like a salted peanut.

Bald here..

No dramas with it tho’..

Don’t mind it if I’m honest.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m a baldy in denial, but my wife doesn’t like it cropped. It’s ok when it’s been cut, but I look like a slap head when it’s too long.

mogrim

Lucky baldies, I’ve got a full head of thick, luxuriant hair which is frankly a nightmare to care for on a regular basis, would love to go for a skinhead look but my darling wife likes running her hands through the silky strands of my mane and won’t let me shave it off.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Having had a no 1 all over on and off for as long as i can remember until last year when i got alopecia. Its funny how something so unimportant as hair can play on your mind when you know it looks odd and made me pretty self conscious!
    I had around 4 patches with the largest being the size of my fist. But for now, its back and im growing it in case it decides to go again!

geoffj

It’s ok when it’s been cut, but I look like a slap head when it’s too long.

Bagstard
    Free Member

geoffj, that is me!!! 😳

Cougar

I’m one of STW’s cranially hirsute; my hair’s halfway down my back(*) and spends most of its daylight hours in a ponytail.

Am I happy with it? Well, it’s healthy and as far as I can tell not disappearing, so on that score yes, deliriously so. I’ve got a few grey hairs these days but they’re very much the minority.

Style wise, less so. I’d quite like to do ‘something’ with it that encompasses ‘long’ and ‘smart for work,’ ideally flirting with ‘low maintenance,’ whilst perhaps looking a bit more modern rather than like I’ve just fallen out of Spinal Tap. It’s a difficult call when I’ve basically had it like this since I was a shtewdent.

(* – no, I don’t have a hairy back. You’re not funny, you know.)

When I had hair, it was crap hair – too fine and a calf lick at the front. So, its no biggie now its gone – low maintenance, a zero once a week, using same clippers that do my face stubble. I did look better with hair though

RustySpanner

About 7.5 at the mo.

The stuff on the top of my head is fine, a pleasant grey/brown, dignified but rugged in a grizzled, long paper round stylee.
    Gets cut twice a year, whether it needs it or not.

However, my beard is a dead givaway of my mum’s ginger genes.
    This leads to awkward questions when I let it grow in a misguided effort to alleviate the monotony of my face.

Ear hair currently out of control. It’s now growing from the lobes, not just the lughole.
    I think it may be a self defence mechanism to save me from listening to modern musical toss.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Well it’s about 80% white, but it’s still all there. So I’d give it a 6/10

samuri
    Free Member

About 3/10. I used to have a huge massive thick dense thatch on my head. Barbers clippers stopped dead when trying to cut it.

Then I had a kid and it all just started falling out. I’m a few years away from shaving my head I think. I’d like hair like one of those people who has loads of very tighly packed follicles so even when they get a really short cut, it looks thick.

I miss my hair.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Mine is having its mid life crisis. I had hair half way down my back when I was younger and now it’s back to my shoulders, thankfully im blessed with thick strong hair only a few bits of grey now… I’ve just about managed to get past the mulletville stage and now on a good day it’s more nu metal than Bon jovi!

Solo
    Free Member

Ear hair currently out of control. It’s now growing from the lobes, not just the lughole.
    I think it may be a self defence mechanism to save me from listening to modern musical toss

😆 😆

I’ve been quite lucky so far.
    But there are some true black belt champions in the nose and ear hair league.
    In my office.
    Some have such dense nose hair, I have wondered how they manage to breath.

cinnamon_girl

I’m like a moulting dog. 🙁

cinnamon_girl

I’m like a moulting dog. 🙁

Mine’s ‘different’, to put it politely, but am OK with it. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

what I know about hair is that when my head gets noticeably smelly I liberally apply this

this

and this

sugdenr
    Free Member

Have given up controlling my mop, started to worry I had a receeding hairline then decided to MTFU. I subconscioulsy mess with it during the day so much that most of the time it sticks up and I look like an aging Jedward. Thankfully I have decided that I am gorgeous so past caring if people point at me an laugh. 😆

D0NK

happy with it? never ever been happy with it. Try as I might to make it look good I always ended up looking like an eejit when I was younger and cared about such things. Now it’s just a pain in the arse keeping it tidily short. Keep thinking about clippering it but that sounds like even higher maintenance.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

when I was young I had a thick mop of uncontrollable wiry jet-black hair. Started dropping out at 21 & now it’s mainly grey with typical male pattern baldness! just give it the No.1 all over now, best £20 I ever spent were those clippers.
    Got more sprouting from ears & nose now-gettin’ old sucks at times-someone is having a larf.
    Overall though, due to low maintenance, I’m happy with giving it a 7

chewkw
    Free Member

I am “Kojak”. 😆

allthegear
    Free Member

I have the perfect stuff to stop you losing it, guys. There are a few side-effects, though… 😉

Rachel

SaxonRider

If my hair were to grow out, I would look like a Chia Pet.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzY7qQFij_M[/video]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Your username just makes you sound like a drug pusher now Rachel.

nickf
    Free Member

Used to have thick dark brown (almost black) hair. Now have very thick grey hair which is even wirier than the dark stuff. Sticks up more, so I have to crop it shorter. Ultras low maintenance – never used a hair dryer in the last 30 years, nor a brush or comb, come to that.

It’s really shown up in shaving – I can kill a blade in just a couple of days; what comes out of my chin appears to be wire rather than hair.

allthegear
    Free Member

As an aside – at the World Rally Championships, one of the major sponsors is Propecia. It’s sold as a hair loss treatment. It contains a drug called Finasteride. It works by lowering testosterone…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘How happy are you with your hair?’ is closed to new replies.