Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How good is the 2012 TDF route for Wiggo?
  • glenh
    Free Member

Very, I think. 😀

milkyman
    Free Member

lets hope he doesnt fall of

gearfreak
    Free Member

Yup, two time trials, and only 4 mountain stages. Looks Epic for Cav. How are Sky going to reconcile that one?

llama

bit early to think about that is it not?

anyways what’s good for wiggo is good for cuddles

and wiggo didn’t do too well (relatively speaking) in the Vuelta on that silly steep climb of which there are a few in the TDF (but not quite as steep)

Bazz

Thats kind of the point though isn’t it, the bits that weren’t quite as steep wiggo blew the pack apart.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Too early for a fitness/will he fit the ride thread.. The lad has a tendancy to blow up and fall off.

Solid rider mind, good performer, shame he can’t handle the limelight/pressure (even he admits that)

Froome, watch Froomyboy.

toonfan
    Free Member

What about that Froome fella?? He looked the part in Spain.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How are Sky going to reconcile that one?

Surely it makes no odds?

Wiggo just needs to finsh in the pack every stage and make sure none of the big boys break away. Then do the winning in the time trials.

Cav just needs to be at the front of the pack with enough of a lead out train to get him upto speed and in the right place.

So as long as Sky can controll the peleton they’ll be alright.

glenh
    Free Member

Shy won’t get much of a rest though, if they have to ride for GC on everything hilly and stage wins on everything flat.

FuzzyWuzzy

Will be interesting to see if Tony Martin bases his season around the TdF GC to given the route, although he’s a shoe-in for TT gold if he stays as he is now (not that there’s much of him left to slim down anyway).

hammerite
    Free Member

Surely Sky aren’t going to go into the TdF with Wiggo, Cav and Froome?

If I was Brailsford (which I’m clearly not!) I’d go with Froome as main man for the Giro, with Wiggo main man for the TdF.

Sky will have to work hard to look after the top sprinter, and a GC man but it’s possible – especially given that it’s in the interests of GC riders to be near the front of the pack.

2 guys looking after Wiggo permanently, Uran and Froome (who will have already had his shot at winning the Giro so happy to work for Wiggo) for the climbs they only get involved in the latter stages of the lead out. 1 man looking after Cav permanently (Eisel). Other 4 riders in the team do the domestique work, pace setting and lead out.

mrblobby
    Free Member

With only 4 mountain stages I’d hope we’d see more riders attacking those stages and less watching and waiting. Looks ok for Wiggins and Evans, and Contador too for that matter. Not so great for the Schlecks.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Andy will be happy with the lack of descents though 😀

hammerite
    Free Member

Blimey, I could’ve written this (read after my post Wiggo & Cav

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How good is the 2012 TDF route for Wiggo?’ is closed to new replies.