Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • how freely should your back wheel spin?
  • SlowJohn
    Free Member

in my back wheel it rotates a couple of times then comes to a stop should it be running more freely than this?? its a pro 2 hub been on the bike 2 yrs now and i havent touched it in that time. My front wheel will spin forever should the back be like that too?

JxL
    Free Member

Could be your disc brakes touching pads? try re-adjusting them. (usually happens with mine when removing wheel).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

should be as good as a front wheel with the chain removed – or nearly so. Mine runs on for minutes – pro 2 as well

twohats
    Free Member

What the oracle said.

SlowJohn
    Free Member

hmm its not the brake pads could this mean my bearings are knackered?

2hottie
    Free Member

As TJ says, with the wheel removed should be the same. I have a hope Xc hub an mine will spin for ages, as for the bearings is there any side to side motion in the hub? or when spinning the wheel in your hands holding the end caps, does there feel like a knocking like the bearings are catching on something? Replacement bearings are easy to come by an don’t cost much. Plus they are a piece of piss to replace.

poppa
    Free Member

If your wheel stops, then momentarily rotates in the opposite direction, all is well. If it stops without rotating in the opposite direction, you have excess friction. As far as I can tell anyway!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘how freely should your back wheel spin?’ is closed to new replies.