Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How filthy is the eastern Peak (Sheffield side) at the moment?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Heading thataways for a bit next week and thinking of riding around Stanage – Hope Cross – Burbage Moor kinda way. The thing is…

Do I take the ‘workhorse’ bike, or the new bling one?

Are we talking classic grinding paste conditions at the moment?

thepodge
    Free Member

classic grinding

steveh

I was out last night from Sheffield and got as far as the top of wyming brook, in the main it’s still dry with just an occasional puddle. Take the new one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Hmmmm…. so there’s definitely a consensus going on here then. 😕

Remember, we are talking about jeopardising the life of shiny new XTR and c.a.r.b.o.n. babies here… 😉

Where’s pook when you need him? I trust his view implicitly.

FOG

I was over houndkirk and blackamoor yesterday and there was a definite grinding noise coming from drive train. And it has rained again today!
    Not deperately muddy but a definite paste feel to the grit and sand.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I was out on houndkirk and blahs yesterday and it was suprisingly dry, a few spots of mud and no need to wash the bike :-). Really quite suprising given the rain we’ve had over the last few days

Pook

Ello. While trusting my view implicitly is a rather foolhardy exercise I think you’ll be fine. Good riding at the mo and yes, surprisingly dry!

The peak paste is back though. Take spare pads.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Cheers guys!

Okayeee.. I guess I’ll take the nice one then. Eeek!

If you see someone sleeping in back of their hatchback with a carbon Trance tucked up across the front seats. That’ll be me then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How filthy is the eastern Peak (Sheffield side) at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.