Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How fecked am i !
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

doing the iroc race , roped into it as a part of a team of 2 where id only have to do the mtb parts , my mate the runner would do the running parts.

That was fine

Yesterday we find out our category has been culled and we have been “upgraded” to both doing all events …..means i have to do 13k with 600 metres climbing fell running , 9k orienteering , 7k night orienteer , and a 6.5k fell run in the dark ……

with a 15.7k MTB TT before the night fell run …

then the next day do a 4 hour MTB enduro …

aint ran since february and before that was last summer as been cycle touring over winter :S

Harry_the_Spider

Very fecked.

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

You’ll have a whale of a time:)

njee20
    Free Member

That’s pretty harsh, they can’t really do that and not expect some serious backlash from competitors!

uplink
    Free Member

You’ll be needing provisions

MrSparkle

It’s poor isn’t it. I am getting the words ‘half’ and ‘arsed’. We will just have to see how the event pans out. I briefly had visions of doing the whole shebang but I think I might now just do the first fell race, the first orienteering and the bike events. I finally worked out that there was potential for about 20 odd miles of running and thought ‘Sod that!’

MrSparkle

Oh, and the distances are now: 14km fell, 10.4km O, 1hr O, 1 hr mtb TT and 9km fell/trail with a 4hr Enduro on Sunday. The distances have changed as well as the start times…

lcj

I suspect you wanted the title of this thread to be ‘how gnar am I?!’…

but didn’t quite have the kahunas…

dots…thrown in for good measure…

ml
    Free Member

It looks like a great event. I’m sure you’ll be in pain by the end of it, but why else would you do it? 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

im in pain alright …

it would be how gnar am i if i was actually any good at running ! Mr sparkle will testiment to the fact that i am not!

Mtb downhills were good … mtb ups were crap.

Running i guess was good …orienteering was piss easy and not like any orienteering ive ever done before (MTB trailquests im used to )

speaking to one of the inov8 guys , said the published distances were not what we did , we did more basically the running if you did all the events (i woosed out of the last 10k fell run) was eq of a marathon.

Thought the event was actually well organised despite what i said to you in the email simon. How did you get on in the end anyway ? i gave up after 3 hours on the enduro …had 5 punctures in the end , ordering tubeless tomorrow ! was trying to hold off and get my new wheels before i did that !

topangarider
    Free Member

Hopefully not as fecked as I am – really wish I lived in a Bungalow!

Did all the events bar the 11pm run – the bar was calling!

Felt b0ll0xed today on the mtb climbs, but I managed to overtake on the downhill most of the peeps who’d creamed me on the climbs!

Pretty well organised vent, good goody bag – and great weather!

trail_rat
    Free Member

same as me topanga rider. no 11pm run for me

Felt good on the climbs just kept puncturing on the downs ! ARSe

just found some blisters , inside both big toes where me smaller toes rub , in the arch of me foot , on the inside of my heel and under my big toes !

loosing some toenails after this eh !

topangarider
    Free Member

Can’t beat foot related injuries for grossness. Fortunatley none for me, my mate wasn’t so lucky.

I knackered my backs on the long runs yesterday, so come the climbs today – it’d had it, whcih was bloody anooying as I didn’t feel too bad after that. The mtb climbs were pretty uninspiring (technically – nice views tho’) but that muddy track on the return to the base – talk about energy sapping!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i hated that muddy track !

i sacked it after 3 hours today , ran outa tubes

The grass climb on the second loop was also energy sapping ! didnt notice it last night though

good news is i think its cured me achillies tendonitus !

trail_rat
    Free Member

wow …… expect a classified looking for an electric wheel chair !

Pyro

Well done on competing guys, it was a hard, hard event, especially if you don’t run a lot. I know a lot of the lead guys from Adventure Racing and Orienteering and even a lot of them were bollocksed after the fell runs – the night one especially.

You probably saw me at various intervals marshalling – I’m the bearded bloke who was directing you down through the river!

MrSparkle

You swine!
    It was a good event for me. got a free place thanks to winning the comp in The Fellrunner and then managed to win the 2 SS prizes for the MTB events. Result!
    Trial rat – nice to meet you and your teammate. You are seriously quick on a bike.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How fecked am i !’ is closed to new replies.