Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How fast is your dog?
  • ajc
    Free Member

How fast have you clocked your dog at and how did you do it. Mine only runs really fast racing me on the bike as she refuses to be dropped. Got 27 mph over a couple of hundred meters this morning but I expect there is more if I could pedal faster. She’s an 18 month old vizsla.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Mine hits the rev limiter at about 35mph. He’s all about the 0-30 time.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I can run faster than my Jack Russell. Her legs are only 4″ long and she’s a bit fat so running ain’t her bag, but 10 out of ten for (occasional) enthusiasm. She sounds like a horse galloping.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thehustler
    Free Member

No idea of actual speed, but I have a springer spaniel that will run down almost anything in a ball chase.!!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Chewie is good for 35mph in short bursts.

Basil

Our GWP is 1mph slower than a hare.
    But he is still trying

Merak

Working cocker ; 25mph

I feel there’s more in him but I’m afraid he might blow a gasket.

midlifecrashes

43mph, one of those gps fitness band things strapped to his collar.

Here with the late, great, Fred.

66deg
    Free Member

As of yesterday she has been reduced to light jogging interspersed with bouts of hopping.
    [/url] hébergeur d image gratuit[/img]
    When on form she is not unlike a dwarf ,very dangerous over short distances.

chakaping
    Free Member

How would I find out his max speed? I’m not gonna clip my Garmin to him?

Anyway, he’s pretty quick – but too daft to be a danger to anything…

colournoise

Not as fast at 12 as he was at 3 or 4, but he still tries. Springers are bloody quick little things when there’s something to chase…

andyl
    Free Member

Springers lose out in a long straight run though to dogs with longer legs/strides. They are pretty much unbeatable through the twisty stuff though.

jimw
    Free Member

Rosie the Retriever is 15.5 years old so running is no longer an option for her. But she still enjoys life in a quiet and snoozeful way.

In her heyday, she was quite quick

anagallis_arvensis

My lurcher is quick but its scary wattching how fast a greyhound can run her down in a straight line, although morecthan 1 has ended up on its arse when she turns!!

ajc
    Free Member

My wife’s uncle reckons his boarder collie during her prime could keep up with his quad bike doing 60 kph when herding deer in NZ. Proper working dog doing it every day. Only has cattle now so no need for speed.

docrobster
    Free Member

Our lurcher is very quick off the mark. He was a rescue dog so we’re not entirely sure what he is other than very deerhoundy. Maybe deerhound x greyhound has been suggested. Nothing much catches him for 100 metres or so. Stopping or changing direction however he is less skilled at.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

43mph! That would make it worth 400 grand a year as a greyhound stud dog…

midlifecrashes

43mph! That would make it worth 400 grand a year as a greyhound stud dog…

Shame we took his nuts off then. (For weight, aerodynamic and temperament reasons.) When we got him sight unseen we were told he was a crossbreed but it turns out he’s a very classy Sloughi/Saluki desert racer. Needs a good run up to get his top speed and our neighbours’ Italian Greyhounds and Bedlingtons are both much quicker from a standing start. He’s getting old now and a bit creaky so chooses his races carefully. Usually ignores the pointy dogs now and razzes the fat labradors trying to get them to chase him.

Tracey

Dont know but she was easily keeping up today down Cutgate and onto North America.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How fast is your dog?’ is closed to new replies.