Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How far should I ride today?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

CXer, obvs, s’windy here on the coast (45knts) gusty, westerly’s so I either head into it and roll back with it or head into the hills and get blown with it and face it on the way home… No rain at least until later.

Dilemma…

65k wooded mulchy gloop

Or

80k New Forest graaavvvvveeeeeellllll

onehundredthidiot

Rollers here. Pretty much surrounded by flood alerts. Some streets been put on evacuation alert.

Junkyard
    Free Member

personally rather do the wind when fresh and if it is irritating you you can turn round and know it will blow you home

I dont like the wind that much so tend to ride around sheltered woody areas as much as I can

As above no riding for me today but i got one in yesterday and tomorrow looks ok for another

kiwijohn

Signed up for the ASH Dash tomorrow. 210km with 3500m of climbing. A shame most of the gravel sections have been paved now.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I love battling into a strong head wind if I know I’m going to get blown home again. Not going out today, too much chance of falling trees on my local trails.

devash
    Free Member

I’m waiting til tomorrow. Forecast to be sunny (the calm after the storm?) and there’s a high chance of getting blown off the bike today.

dustytrails

I’m waiting till tomorrow too….hopefully the wind will have dropped and perhaps dried the trails a bit??
    In reply to OP head into wind and get blown back home IMHO

parkesie
    Free Member

How far is it to the pub? That far and that far only.

MrOvershoot

Just back from riding to the shops on my 1/2 Tonne shopping bike was scary enough to question anyone on a light road bike having much more than a buttock clenching time.
    I can also see the rain piling in from N Wales so I’m staying in.

amedias
    Free Member

Just been out for 30k of hill climbs, binned it at that point as I was getting blown about on the way up at low speed and shunted sideways by gusts on the way down, not to mention getting clipped by a falling branch so back in the warm with a cup of tea now 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fek’d, I’m a bit fek’d.

From where I live I don’t really have the option of going west (I’ve an estuary in the way) all my rides from home mean heading North before and direction changes see..

As is I chose a Drovers road route, CXer see. Up into the Downs to just west of Owlesbury then criss cross over to East Meon then I turned south into the wind so chose some lanes with high hedges.
    It’s proper windy, got blown into a hedge off a trail, hilarious.

68ks and probs (haven’t checked yet) 24 of them into the wind… 😆

Tomorrow is another day, less wind it seems..

I have another observation, it’s pretty dry and hardback in the hills despite the rain we’ve had.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How far should I ride today?’ is closed to new replies.