Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • How exactly do you find a good man these days?
  • jackthedog
    Free Member

although in my limited experience all the “good” people tend to be taken!

A very common misconception.

hora
    Free Member

OP I had the same with two great female mates of mine. Thought they’d never meet a non-lying, wierd, idiot. Infact I posted on here about it! Now both married with kids.

My sis in law likes an older married (poor) man who is old enough to be her Dad and who sweet talks her. Its her life as her youthful years tick away with a fella who will never leave.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

My god what a bizarre thing to post.

hora
    Free Member

[Quote]My god what a bizarre thing to post.[/quote]

That’s got to be a self-prophetic post if I ever saw one.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Is she a lesbian? I can’t believe no ones mentioned this… If so…. could you send her round to mine so she can meet my missus. Giggidy

Actually JackTheDog more women are getting higher levels of education than men now.

“Jayne Dallas, a senior studying advertising who was seated across the table, grumbled that the population of male undergraduates was even smaller when you looked at it as a dating pool. “Out of that 40 percent, there are maybe 20 percent that we would consider, and out of those 20, 10 have girlfriends, so all the girls are fighting over that other 10 percent,” she said.” – http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/fashion/07campus.html?pagewanted=all

😀

Cue Bender reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtMv6V7ZvmE

ononeorange

Bunnyhop
    “IME you never meet someone (mr/s right) while looking.”

Absolutely true, but I have never been able to work out how that works or why. IME all the time you are looking you tend to be treated with a big “avoid” sticker, almost the day that you give up you suddenly meet someone. Well it happened for me.

OP – you do come across as a bit patronising – leave her to her life.

Alpha1653

Well, after a long period of always being the single one in her group of friends, my girlfriend signed up to a dating site and within 15 minutes of publishing her profile, got a message from a dashing young chap with great prospects. That was 2 years ago and it was the best tenner either of us have ever spent.

OP, you’re not being patronising, condescending etc but just be very very careful!

bikebouy
    Free Member

What do you call an Orange 5 owner then and where in the “class” war stakes does he reside??

I know of two close friends who have used eHarmony to find partners. Both took lots of time out being single beforehand and both decided at a similar time to find someone. Whilst dating sites may scare the peanuts out of your hand, they do actually work, eH found partners for both friends and both have been very happy for 18mths and 2.5yrs respectively.

Trouble is you are gonna have to get your S-in-L to apply herself, to this end you may actually find out that she’s rather happy being single.. And to that end it’s a whoop!!

In her own time, in her own time son.

justatheory
    Free Member

I wish I was single outgoing, popular and fun.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘How exactly do you find a good man these days?’ is closed to new replies.