Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • How ****ed is the industry you work in?
  • GJP
    Free Member

thetabber – Member
    Made redundant from town planning job two years ago. Now in Probation but more cuts to come, worrying times.

On first reading at read that as on probation 😆

paddy0091
    Free Member

High amount of work in the clothing printing industry, people always need a uniform!

Although I’m off to University soon to do Sustainable Built Environment..ideally a growing sector

FAIL
    Free Member

I work in Automotive development, which seems to be going very well. Seems that despite the economic slowdown in the UK, the rest of the world keeps on buying Range Rover sports*.

*other stupid cars are available on request

cheburashka
    Free Member

Passenger train companies have never had it so good – pass numbers have gone up and up since fuel prices went silly and fares are ridiculously high. The profits made by the train operating companies are obscene, the industry certainly isn’t ****ed in as far as the title of this thread pertains, but is certainly ‘****ed up’. I feel genuinely sorry for the passengers on my trains.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Electricity generation for me, 38 years service next week 😯

compositepro
    Free Member

I think my industry only really became screwed when they put half the races on SKY
    People keep breaking their carbon frames and sending them for repair
    In general however people who know about composites ,can’t grow em fast enough I’ve been torn between full time frame building ,development of other folks stuff or sticking with the slot cars.

headingsouth
    Free Member

I’m an odd one. Just moving from diesel automotive to power but it’s all really metallurgy / materials engineering where everybody seems to be retiring and loads of employers across different industries are after good people.

Diesel kit is flying out of the door and numbers seem to be going ever upwards, new nuclear build and increased renewables should keep me busy for a while hopefully.

Ewan
    Free Member

Management consulting is doing well at the moment – well anything that isn’t related to the public sector at least. I’d say telecoms is doing ok, but cost cutting / increased efficency is the order of the day.

wagenwheel

Forklift and MEWP training is doing quite well 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

sand control operations seems busy ….. and we are short staffed of people.

smell_it
    Free Member

The NHS, I’ll be fine, but a some of you will be fecked.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Shoe repairs, doing well as now supplying other retailers with a repair service and website. Hopefully it will keep on raining.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I spend my life working with offenders, and the most of them are misusing drug. I see no change anytime soon!

druidh
    Free Member

I’m not working at the moment. This is a purely philanthropic choice as it gives someone else the opportunity to have the job I’d otherwise be getting paid for.

donsimon
    Free Member

and the most of them are misusing drug

Am I correct in understanding that your job is to teach these offenders how to use the drug correctly? 😕

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Forestry in Scotland is booming.
    Timber harvesting has never been busier – prices of timber are buoyed by the weak pound reducing timber imports.
    Removing vast swathes of productie commercial forestry to make way for windfarms.
    Planting enormous native woodland shruberies that will never be productive.
    All with the attendant red tape, meaning we are constantly short of good staff……..

palliative.stare
    Free Member

Social worker in mental health, mainly working with the elderly. We have already lost some bodies to vr/er but this hasn’t saved enough so compulsory redundancies look likely. The fact I can section folk will keep me pretty safe. But we only just starting to see how the other changes are starting to impact on the people we work with, I would advise we all start saving to pay for the help we will need should we become infirmed or elderly.

iDave
    Free Member

Sports performance – I have good work, diverse clients, some nice side projects, and interesting opportunities overseas. No complaints.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Prison Service here, proper F***ed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not very.

🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘How ****ed is the industry you work in?’ is closed to new replies.