Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • How easy could you buy a hand gun today?
  • godzilla
    Free Member

Just need a good excuse for humane dispatch.
    https://www.guntrader.uk/Guns-For-Sale/results/2b3a-83af-bd1f-f61d

jambalaya
    Free Member

Here no idea. When we where in Prague there was a no-guns sign on the restaurant door. Point being elsewhere its not that difficult.

Major issue now is self made guns – they have a major issue with these in Israel/Palestine now. Apparently not that difficult to make. Jo Cox’s killer suppsoedly had a book / manual and his weapon was self made ?

Northwind

ninfan – Member

it can be complex.

big heavy slow bullet at close range with an open sight versus ricochet risk with a high powered frangible rifle bullet that is scoped/zeroed for 200 yards so you can’t reliably aim it,

Cheers for that, makes sense.

tinybits
    Free Member

A pistol, absolutely no idea. Also pleased I have no idea who to ask.
    Ammunition, I would have said no idea except my father in law ‘found’ a load of 7.62 ammunition and that magazines for whatever gun was before the army’s SA80. I think it’s all at the bottom of the sea now – stupid bugger.
    Shotgun, no problem. In fact I’ve got to clean mine now. Quite low in shells now, probably 400 or so left as I shot 200 clays this afternoon in Cheddar.

philjunior
    Free Member

20 or so years ago someone I knew said they knew someone who could get an Uzi and 400 rounds for £400. Suspect he was full of shit.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

To be honest pretty sure myth busters have proved time and again that if you needed and hand time that cannon are not that difficult to build and a hand cannon is just a small scale version shouldn’t be to hard for anyone with a small amount of skill to produce a working blunderbusses it’s not going to win a war but would kill someone you didn’t like but here the big thing you are going to prison for a long time for building,owing or using it so you had better make sure it’s someone you really don’t like 😈

wrecker
    Free Member

20 years ago I was in africa with one strapped to my leg!
    I could get one if needed no doubt, it would cost a fair few quid though.

fisha
    Free Member

Realistically, it’s probably easier to make a single shot hand sized gun on the quiet than it would be to go round asking other people for one and drawing attention to yourself.

The principles of a barreled weapon are simple and can be made in a reasonable workshop.

kilo

It’s pretty hard to get a handgun in the UK and harder still to get ammo. I “know” professional criminals who have been trying hard with no success to get kit so middle management IT workers will really struggle. 🙂

footflaps

Standard wisdom now is bear spray,

Yep we had that in the US when riding in the rockies, forgot all about it and took it back to the UK, which I think is an offence as Mace is classed as a weapon or something.

Some of the other riders just carried guns, you can get bib shorts with a built in holster!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/745mJb]Side arm on a mountain bike?[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

There is still a lot of surplus WW2 stuff “around” I am aware of Lee enfield 303s still in private hands – it is not difficult to batch manufacturer a semi automatic hand gun (browning Glock equivalent) especially if you are an ex British army Armourer. Unlike previous comments suitable ammunition is very difficult to obtain or manufacture.
    The reason we don’t have a cottage industry around this stuff is two fold the first is cultural in as much as we just don’t do it. The second is there is no serious money to be made

Northwind

fatsimon mk2 – Member

To be honest pretty sure myth busters have proved time and again that if you needed and hand time that cannon are not that difficult to build and a hand cannon is just a small scale version

Not really; you can literally make a cannon out of a log. Try that with something small enough to carry and you’re more likely to hurt yourself than anyone else.

I was going to say the charge- the chemistry- is harder. But maybe that’s just because I can make stuff but I know nothing about chemistry.

ninfan
    Free Member

Not rocket science:

[video]http://youtu.be/n1wV3lmbSv4[/video]

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

If you only wanted a handgun that looked like it could kill someone, rather than one that actually could there are plenty of authentic CO2 powered air-pistols available for £100-£200. You only need to be over 18 to buy one.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

It is far too easy to buy guns in the U.S. When I became a “conditional permanent resident” I got my concealed carry permit, and as such under Kansas law, don’t need to wait for a background check for firearms. I still need to fill out a decent amount of paperwork, but that’s it… Let’s just say I have “a few” different guns now, but it makes me sick every time I hear some dumbass shouting about their second amendment rights, or the NRA opposing gun control etc. I personally wouldn’t give a rat’s ass if you had to wait twelve months to buy a gun, or if there was 100% tax. I’m a responsible, law-abiding owner, and for the same reason some people shouldn’t be allowed to drive, some people shouldn’t be allowed guns…

Wait, did I go off topic there? 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘How easy could you buy a hand gun today?’ is closed to new replies.